By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sad about Sega. The end of Servive Games.

Thank you for the thread, I really love talking about SEGA. With that being said, Sega isn't going anywhere. As a matter of fact this restructuring will strengthen Sega for future plans. Mobile is one of them, but they will be back. Have faith, as long as Sonic is running even if he is struggling Sega will stand. My hope for Sega is they relight their old IP's, they are really neglecting their history, because the clowns running the show aren't formerly the original Sega leaders.

Seems a good as time as any to start a new discussion on the major changes afoot at Sega Sammy, specifically Sega Corp which is to be effectively split into new segments.

First off Sega Sammy is to be split into three new business segments:

Pachislot and Pachinko Machines
Entertainment Content
Resort Business

Pachislot and Pachinko will continue to be operated by Sammy Corp. It is in the Entertainment Content business that will see major change. First off a new holdings company called SEGA Holdings Co Ltd is to be established that will oversee the following subsidiaries:

SEGA Interactive Co. Ltd (formally Sega Amusements, responsible for arcade sales and development)
SEGA Games Co. Ltd (formally Sega Corporation and includes all Sega's development teams as well as Atlus)
SEGA Toys Co. Ltd
Sammy Networks Co. Ltd
TMS ENTERTAINMENT Co. LTD (Animé studio)
MARZA ANIMATION PLANET INC
Index Corp (NOT Atlus)
SEGA Entertainment (amusement centre operator)

Split off entirely from SEGA Corp (soon to be SEGA Holdings) will be a new venture called SEGA Live Creation which will obtain some of the larger resorts from SEGA Entertainment and will be responsible for the "Planning, development and Operation of Entertainment Theme Park in Resort Business".

Thus Sega Sammy will now comprise of three main subsidiaries:

Sammy Corporation (Pachislot and Pachinko Machines)
SEGA Holdings Co Ltd (Entertainment Content)
SEGA Live Creation (Resort Business)

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?521639-Major-corporate-restructuring-at-Sega-Sammy

Have faith, Sega will return!

Around the Network
Assyrian612 said:

I am glad there are still people who care about SEGA but for me they died quite a while ago and they will never be the same as they once were. I just hope they can crawl there way into being a middle of the way dev/publisher because right now I would say they are probably the worst "major" one

Consoles have anyways pc architecture everything they make there will come out for consoles anyways except if they only want to do total war now, that would pretty much suck for gaming.

terribly managed company for the past 15 years+. Hate to see them go but this is on them. They made a bunch of bad games and the wrong games.

The Wii only prolonged this as some of their games sold well on the Wii (even if they were not all that good).

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

rolltide101x said:
Assyrian612 said:

I am glad there are still people who care about SEGA but for me they died quite a while ago and they will never be the same as they once were. I just hope they can crawl there way into being a middle of the way dev/publisher because right now I would say they are probably the worst "major" one

And I can agree with you. I always cringe at the negativety Sega gets but they did it to themselves. I know people really don't have hope for Sega and it's understandable, but I always have hope. I grew up to this brand and as much as I am saddened by their failure its the positives that keep me going. Sonic Gen, colors, Alien Isolation.. These are games that give me hope.. If only PSO2 came over to the west, Sega would have some exciting games and content. instead get ready for Sonic Runners =/

Around the Network
padib said:
rolltide101x said:

If they could crawl into this mess, then they certainly can crawl out!

I really hope so :) I buy all the Total Wars so that should help a bit lol

Assyrian612 said:

And I can agree with you. I always cringe at the negativety Sega gets but they did it to themselves. I know people really don't have hope for Sega and it's understandable, but I always have hope. I grew up to this brand and as much as I am saddened by their failure its the positives that keep me going. Sonic Gen, colors, Alien Isolation.. These are games that give me hope.. If only PSO2 came over to the west, Sega would have some exciting games and content. instead get ready for Sonic Runners =/

Is Alien Isolation "that good" in your opinion? I have not played it yet. I grew up with Nintendo, Sega, and Playstation. I care deeply about them all.

Now days I am 85% Playstation, 10% PC, and 5% Nintendo. 

sega pretty much died to me when the dreamcast did.

Tachikoma said:
sega pretty much died to me when the dreamcast did.

Which is sad because the Dreamcast was an AWESOME console. The best Non-Sony console of the 16 years. 

It's a huge shame what's happening with Sega. Sure, they didn't do a good job in the last couple of years, but it's still a bit sad... :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---