By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Issues with IGN's MM3D Score

Is IGN full of idiots?

Yes 228 67.66%

No 109 32.34%

Total:337
rolltide101x said:
Squeezol said:

Well, why would they give less point for pretty much the same game?

Maybe that fact? Maybe the fact the reviewer now is a different person than the old reviewer? Because the 3DS target audience is a different crowd than the N64 crowd?

I guess so. IGN isn't just one person after all.

Around the Network
Squeezol said:
rolltide101x said:

Maybe that fact? Maybe the fact the reviewer now is a different person than the old reviewer? Because the 3DS target audience is a different crowd than the N64 crowd?

For the record what do you think of Majora's Mask 3D? I am probably going to get it after I get around to playing Link Between Worlds.

rolltide101x said:
Squeezol said:

For the record what do you think of Majora's Mask 3D? I am probably going to get it after I get around to playing Link Between Worlds.

I don't have it myself yet, but I might get it considering I did get OOT 3D and I thought it was a good remake.

Squeezol said:
outlawauron said:

But they don't take off points for Great Bay Temple. Game don't start out as 10s and get deducted points. IGN's pro/cons only hit big points. That doesn't mean that this specific temple was the only thing the reviewer disliked about the game.

Well, why would they give less point for pretty much the same game?

Because games are held to higher standards now than they were 15 years ago. That coupled with a different reviewer can lead to all sorts of disparity. Not to mention any small change in scoring regulations can lead to differences regardless of time lapse.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
This thread is not about 3DS vs. Vita, so lay off the comparisons. Stick to the subject.

This is the first and last warning.

Stop letting people post these threads about IGN being terrible. We know. We've all known since 2004.