By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Fox U motion controls are not required confirmed

Cobretti2 said:
the controls sounds good however i hope there a bit more to it than flying and a few tank sequences. It is 2015 after all.

Apparently that's what Star Fox fans want. "Star Fox 64 in HD," they say.

Around the Network
oniyide said:

as time went on mos people saw it for what it was...deeply flawed tech that only really worked well in a few genres

I wouldn't even say it "really worked well" in anything. It was passable is some occasions, but that's as far as it ever went. The Wiimote single handedly turned gimmick into a bad word. That takes a lot.

spemanig said:
oniyide said:

as time went on mos people saw it for what it was...deeply flawed tech that only really worked well in a few genres

I wouldn't even say it "really worked well" in anything. It was passable is some occasions, but that's as far as it ever went. The Wiimote single handedly turned gimmick into a bad word. That takes a lot.

honestly i was just trying to be nice and less cynical. They took that concept and half assed it from the jump and no i dont suscribe to the "whole they were trying to make it cheap, thats why it wasnt that accurate" Do something right or dont do it at all or at least try to get it right.

I'm still skeptical, but if this turns out to be true, I'll go from "repulsed" to "hyped" in a heartbeat.

Well, I wouldn't have believed it if they said it was required instead. Using the GamePad like a flight stick would be plain wonky.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Cobretti2 said:
the controls sounds good however i hope there a bit more to it than flying and a few tank sequences. It is 2015 after all.

Apparently that's what Star Fox fans want. "Star Fox 64 in HD," they say.

I know. it is very sad. if you read past threads here you will know im serious.

I want growth, story, character building and length more than 4 hours. 

When can we get more info about the game?

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Sunstrider said:
When can we get more info about the game?

E3.

Cobretti2 said:

I know. it is very sad. if you read past threads here you will know im serious.

I want growth, story, character building and length more than 4 hours. 

I could care less about growth, story, and character building. But I do want a length not stuck in the 90's.

- it's a shooter
- it's from Japan
- it's about high scores (repeating and perfecting)

How should this get a huge story and lots of levels? It's totally against the nature of this type of game and would alienate as many fans.