By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Fox U motion controls are not required confirmed

that's good news. Gyro only wouldve killed this game imo

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
thatguymarco said:

But those things could very well still be optional, having a faster way to access the menu is nice and all, but not for another 60 bucks. 

I agree that the gamepad is overpriced to, don't get me wrong. But that's an issue that will easily go away as the tech gets cheaper to make. And it's much more than just having a faster way to access the menu. 

I love how everyone is rejoicing that they don't need to use motion controls. And yet that Wii U pad is soooo necessary...

dont even know why they are bothering with motion controls. have they not seen what happened to lair?

Confirmed!?

-"The way it uses the GamePad is really starting to feel good," Miyamoto said about the new Star Fox.
December 5, 2014

-Miyamoto says that he is working on and playing the new Star Fox every day and jokes that his hands hurt as a result.
-Describes the basic gameplay: Cinematic (3rd person) view on the big screen, cockpit view on the gamepad. You are meant to split between the two while you are playing.
-I like to create gameplay mechanics more than I do stories. The story might not be too different from past “Star Fox” games, but the gameplay mechanics are going to feel very different because of the two-screen system of the Wii U with the GamePad and TV screen. It’ll make for a very fun and unique way to play.
December 17, 2014

-"One of the questions that we often get is 'How is the GamePad being used in any particular game?'" Miyamoto said. "Star Fox is a game where having two screens is really important and it works really well."
Jan 06, 2015

-Speaking of "Star Fox Wii U," Miyamoto also detailed a few interesting gameplay features for the upcoming space exploration title. When asked how the Wii U's Gamepad fits into the equation, Miyamoto said it allows the experience to feature interactive cinematics that switch between the tablet and TV screen. "Star Fox Wii U" will have cinematics "where you're still able to look around and play it," he says.
Jan, 16, 2015,

Around the Network

the controls sounds good however i hope there a bit more to it than flying and a few tank sequences. It is 2015 after all.

Nice to have the option, i would use traditional controls but my young daughter would be more comfortable with motion controls, like she is with Mario Kart 8.

I guess I'm the only one here that actually likes motion controls when they're done well. Using the wiichuck in metroid prime was much easier for me than using the analog stick to look around, and the gyro aiming in Nintendoland was perfect, far superior to analog aiming. I also really enjoyed the sword mechanics in skyward sword (shield and bombs not so much) and zelda battle quest in nintendoland. I can't wait to play splatoon and star fox with the gamepad. It's really strange to me to see so many people hating on what was to me a major selling point and defining characteristic of the console.

I never questioned this, to be fair. Nintendo has been more lenient about this lately.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

knubie2 said:
I guess I'm the only one here that actually likes motion controls when they're done well. Using the wiichuck in metroid prime was much easier for me than using the analog stick to look around, and the gyro aiming in Nintendoland was perfect, far superior to analog aiming. I also really enjoyed the sword mechanics in skyward sword (shield and bombs not so much) and zelda battle quest in nintendoland. I can't wait to play splatoon and star fox with the gamepad. It's really strange to me to see so many people hating on what was to me a major selling point and defining characteristic of the console.

as time went on mos people saw it for what it was...deeply flawed tech that only really worked well in a few genres