By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Greatest User Tournament 2014 - Semi-finals - RolStoppable vs. Carl2291

Conegamer said:
gergroy said:

So... You are saying we have some favoritism/corruption happening behind the scenes here?

N...No...ofcourse not...

*slips "bribe" into gergroy's pocket*

Understood!  Nothin to see here folks... *walks off whistling*

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

:o someone reported Carl?

Whoever they were, they have some major cojones. In a way, I respect them.

This is the toughest round yet. These are two of my favorites right there, I really should start fixing this contest.

Carl has been doing a wonderful job as a moderator, often bringing another point of view to the discussion. I value his input greatly although he sometimes has little passive aggressive periods He's also very active in the community and knows our users a great deal. Which in turn means he knows how to approach delicate situations effectively.

On the other hand, I consider Rol to be an integral part of the VGC community. I always enjoy reading his threads and of course the response they generate. He's a famous Nintendo poster but for all the right reasons, he knows Ninty isn't perfect and isn't afraid to criticize their moves which is refreshing compared to the "my-choice-company-can-do-no-wrong" attitude we see so often. He's also provide some great insights in the mod thread.

With that, I'll be voting for RolStoppable but I'll be happy with whoever wins the round.

Signature goes here!

Ka-pi96 said:
axumblade said:
Oooh. Both are mods with strong backgrounds of the site. They are good guys.

Vote: CaRolstoppable2291

Rol is a mod? :o

N...No...ofcourse not...

*slips "bribe" into Ka-Pi's pocket*

Seriously this thread is going to bankrupt me. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I'm gonna go with... Rol

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
Around the Network

rol

RolStoppable. God love anybody who doesn't get his sense of humour.

RolStoppable

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

You know, it is interesting how Rol and trucks didn't even make it out of their initial rounds (won the wildcard rounds), but are some of the last people standing!

RolStoppable said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Yeah, also that those that beat them in the inital rounds are mostly (maybe all) gone already as well.

I guess that's the difference between rounds with 5 people and the smaller numbers. They may not have been everybodies first choice, but when there isn't so many options they get more votes. Shows how popular they really are.

It depends more on who you are put up against, and it's even more important that people know who you actually are. You can get pretty far in the tournament on the basis of spamming without pissing people off, but I shouldn't have to tell you that (*pokes Ka-pi with a stick*). When people see your posts on any given day, they are more likely to remember you. People's memories are shortlived, so if you are active for the first ten months of the year, but are hardly seen during the last two months, then you won't start into the tournament with good momentum.

I don't think it's an overstatement when I say that my recent month of broader activity on the forums brought me back on the radar of many people. It doesn't matter that it's technically already 2015.

Definitely; which is also true for Trucks as well (fortunately). Had we run the tournament 6 months ago we'd likely have had a different winner or results; 3 months ago different still; and in 3 months time the same applies. 

I mean I'd probably be gone in the first round because of my new avatar were we to make this now. Thank goodness we didn't...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.