By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Xenoblade Chronicles X Have One of the If not The Best Open Worlds In Gaming to Date in Terms of Exploration?

Cloudman said:

XV will no doubt be bigger, but the world of X just looks so much more creative and interesting in comparison. It really feels like a grand alien world with so many cool things to see. XV seems pretty normal, so it seems kinda boring. Not very fantasy to me, which is what I associate with FF. But that`s just me. I expect people to disagree with me and maybe even call me crazy.

What is considered fantasy to you?? I mean these screenshots Ive pulled all look like what we should expect of FF.

If pics like this aint screaming FF to you than Im not sure what FF games you have been playing.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Will Xenoblade Chronicles X Have One of the If not The Best "Open World" In Gaming to Date in Terms of Exploration?

First of all im not talking about "Size" or "Graphical Viewpoint". Im talking Solely on Exploration, with Mechs flying around, the layout of the land, (not just wide, but the vertical landscape of it) and more!

I mean C'mon.........

I could agree on this!

yes, but some people have an agenda against this game and they want to downgrade everything, a lot of people actually.

ktay95 said:
Cloudman said:

XV will no doubt be bigger, but the world of X just looks so much more creative and interesting in comparison. It really feels like a grand alien world with so many cool things to see. XV seems pretty normal, so it seems kinda boring. Not very fantasy to me, which is what I associate with FF. But that`s just me. I expect people to disagree with me and maybe even call me crazy.

What is considered fantasy to you?? I mean these screenshots Ive pulled all look like what we should expect of FF.

If pics like this aint screaming FF to you than Im not sure what FF games you have been playing.

Don't get me wrong. Those are some great visuals. That can't be argued. However, in comparison to the areas you can traverse in X, so far XV just doesn't look as great and interesting as X. Some areas feel too modern, and the open worlds feel too realistic. It doesn't have that fantasy feel like X does. X looks like a strange world that I want to explore. XV isn't doing it for me, so far at least. The settings and the monsters in them just seem to clash with me, like 2 things that don't look so well together. That's just me though.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

ktay95 said:

They really, really should have made the grass a similar colour as the ground, it's just so painfully obvious where the draw distance for the grass cuts off.

Around the Network

Yeah it definitely looks great. Kinda a shame that they didn't make this for ps4 though as it would allowed the developers to push it even further. But the artstyle looks great.

curl-6 said:

They really, really should have made the grass a similar colour as the ground, it's just so painfully obvious where the draw distance for the grass cuts off.

Haha thanks for pointing that out, now I cant unsee it. Well at least its not as bad as MGSV GZ where I can scope in on somebody with a sniper and not have them appear at all -__-

Ugh, why would you even post FFXV pics in here. We're doomed.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

goopy20 said:
Yeah it definitely looks great. Kinda a shame that they didn't make this for ps4 though as it would allowed the developers to push it even further. But the artstyle looks great.

Its a 1st party title. Monolith is owned by Nintendo!

ktay95 said:
Cloudman said:

They can scream Final Fantasy without being a fantasy setting. XCX is definitely more fantasy tone. As for which will be the best open world game, for me XCX. It goes beyond my expectations for a fantasy world. Even with run of the mill areas like a lava level and an ice level there are still a lot of unique features to each of the environments.