By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January 2015 NPD Thread! Hardware estimates up!

BraLoD said:
So Vita is 39% of 3DS? It's actually that high?

*shrugs*

Around the Network
XtremeHDGamerX said:
Skullwaker said:

TheCrapGamer indeed.

more like TheButtHurtGamer

QFT. 

Aura7541 said:

youthgamer1 said:

-SNIP-

PS4's situation is understandable since it doesn't have launch hype nor was it supply constrained. It also didn't have any huge games last month. However, X1's situation is worse because the outcome is not expected. I thought it would easily do better than it did last January, but a 10K increase YOY shows that it barely did it.

xb1 dec 2013 - jan 2014 drop = 84,5%
xb1 dec 2014 - jan 2015 drop = 88%

ps4 dec 2013- jan 2014 drop = 68,5%
ps4 dec 2014 - jan 2015 drop = 82%

that ps4 2014 number is the launch hype and supply issu

Xenoverse3 said:
Can anyone give me a quick rundown of what is over and under tracked?

I will guess... Xbone overtracked and PS4 undertracked.

SWORDF1SH said:
BHR-3 said:
whats going on with the SW how the hell is XB1 selling more? less HW sold and total HW is less than PS4

congrats on ps4 win MS needs to be 100 dollars less to sell on par or more than even though both consoles share the same mulitplats and imo both dont really have many exclusives on them yet so whats the deciding factor? online aint free on PSN, wonder how much ps4 will be outselling in once exclusive SW starts rolling in

My guess all the people that bought new X1s sold over the holiday are now building up their game collection. GTA and Destiny are the obvious first games to get.

Most likely.  These games, for the most part, are months old.  And if I remember correctly, the PS4 versions for most were outselling the XBO versions for the first month or more.

Around the Network
youthgamer1 said:
Aura7541 said:

PS4's situation is understandable since it doesn't have launch hype nor was it supply constrained. It also didn't have any huge games last month. However, X1's situation is worse because the outcome is not expected. I thought it would easily do better than it did last January, but a 10K increase YOY shows that it barely did it.

xb1 dec 2013 - jan 2014 drop = 84,5%
xb1 dec 2014 - jan 2015 drop = 88%

ps4 dec 2013- jan 2014 drop = 68,5%
ps4 dec 2014 - jan 2015 drop = 82%

that ps4 2014 number is the launch hype and supply issu

And....? I don't see what you're doing other than throwing out a bunch of numbers and proving my point. The X1's situation is worse. Less than a 10% increase between January 2014 and Jan. 2015 is bad considering it costs $150 less compared to last Jan. along with two free games.

Xenoverse3 said:

both over. 
don't listen to etho

BraLoD said:
gooch_destroyer said:

*shrugs*

That's the second *shrugs* you give me Googh, one more and you are out!

And you spelt my name wrong. (Again) one more and you are out!

Xenoverse3 said:

If my assumption is correct, and our 2015 totals reflect the first three weeks,

then

ps4: 205k up until the 24th
xb1: 198k up until the 24th

averaging 50k per week so far, this would put ps4 and xb1 at 255 and 248k respectively.

I know vgc says "usa" but if it's actually north america, then

USA
ps4: 193 + 58 from mexico and canada
xb1: 158 + 90 from mexico and canada

in this scenario, ps4 is likely overtracked by 10-20, and xb1 is likely overtracked by 60-70

However, if "usa" means strictly USA

then ps4 overtracked by 50k in USA
and xb1 overtracked by 100k in USA

youthgamer1 said:
ethomaz said:

Wut?

xb1 set a new sales record in november 2014, december 2014 and january 2015 npd 
ps4 set only a new sales recod in december 2014 npd

both yoy comparison second year sales ofc

When you beat yourself it's only a personal best. When you beat your predecessor (which it did not) and your direct competition's best (which is did not) then it's a record.

PS4 starting the year down 80K YoY means the first half of the year is likely to be generally down and PS4 will be heavily relying on a price cut and games like UC 4 to end 2015 up on 2014. But I think also that if PS4 is significantly down YoY for a few months running Sony might bring the price cut forward rather than wait for the end of the year.

I get the feeling PSV being 39% of 3DS is more likely to be bad news for 3DS than good news for PSV.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix