By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Feminist Aborts Baby Because It Was A Boy

fireburn95 said:

That's my god given right to an opinion on modern feminism, I didn't at all relate it to my OP story. 

Unilad have posted incorrect news? Well i've known of them to retract some stories, but as far as I can tell they are pretty ethical with their stories, yes their stories revolve around virality, which is why they target big/controversial stories, but they are reliable.

If you weren't using this a reinfrocement of our opinion then my apologies, but it seemed like your comment was in response to the OP.

Around the Network
Mr_No said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Mr_No said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

sometimes wonder

is the mom has the rights

why doesnt the baby have any XD

Dunno. Maybe it has to do that the law doesn't recognizes the child as a natural person until he's out of the mother's womb.

just doesnt make sense that yeah the Mom has rights but why dont babies

arent they humans too?

Babies still on gestation are living beings but still attached to the mother by the umbilical cord. The law doesn't consider the baby a natural person until it has been born and the cord has been cut. I think this is why abortion is permitted, because it isn't killing a natural person. I might be wrong there. But I do agree with you. There needs to be some regulations on these kinds of procedure.

Of course "the law" varies greatly from country to country.

Normchacho said:
I support this, though only because I don't think someone like that should be having any kids...

Agreed.  Im surprised she would even want to get preggers anyway.

Materia-Blade said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

just doesnt make sense that yeah the Mom has rights but why dont babies

arent they humans too?

A bunch of cells don't make a human, and it takes quite a while untill this bunch of cells can be called a baby.

besides groupings of cells, what makes a human?

what a disgusting human being

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
Materia-Blade said:

A bunch of cells don't make a human, and it takes quite a while untill this bunch of cells can be called a baby.

nervous systems, memories/information...

a bunch of cells with nothing formed is not a human.

Materia-Blade said:
o_O.Q said:

nervous systems, memories/information...

a bunch of cells with nothing formed is not a human.

nervous systems are formed by cells... memories and information are intangible, also i'm quite sure that foetuses have both memories and information

fireburn95 said:

A self proclaimed feminist aborted her baby boy because of ‘bad experiences with men’. Teaching her son to grow into a respectful human being must have been too much of a task for her to handle.

The blogger, known as Lena, blogged that she ‘cried when she realised what she was about to curse the world with’ before heading to an abortion clinic and having the foetus removed.

She went on to explain how the thought of bringing another ‘monster’ into the world sent her into mourning in the days leading up to the abortion.

As her pregnancy led into the fifth month, Lana had envisioned giving birth to a baby girl. That’s when the doctor told her she was having a boy. A meltdown ensued.

She said:

I was going to put a poll into the bottom of this article, but I couldn’t bring myself to ask any sort of viable question. Whether you are pro-choice or not, there is nothing that can even begin to justify this.

http://www.unilad.co.uk/articles/self-proclaimed-feminist-aborts-baby-boy/

Yes its terrible and disgusting. All prejudice is.  But many thousands of girls are aborted each year purely because of societal sexism and sadly no one pays much attention to that.  (see China and India abortion trends)

niallyb

Materia-Blade said:
fireburn95 said:

Feminism is believing in equality for women, suggesting women are of a lower social status than men.

I dunno but I don't think women are treated any less fairly by non-mysoginists than men.

There was a need for western feminism back when women couldn't vote, and when women couldn't really choose who they marry.
There is a need for feminism in developing countries, not western anymore, because men and women are equal from birth now.

Egalitarism (spelled wrong ah well) is what feminists should start preaching now.

Gosh, you need to learn a lot about the whole world. there's no country where women are treated 100% equally.

and in case you haven't noticed, if feminism means equality for both genders, then there's an eternal need for it everywhere.

There's a global need for egalitarianism, which is where both men and women will work together to make sure from birth, men and women are born equal. 

How are women not treated equally in the UK then, minor isolated incidents from mysoginists?

There's laws where pay must be equal regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability etc.

Any case feminists seem to bring up now a days is anti-climactic.
for example page 3 of The Sun. That's a big issue for them because they show topless women.

But each of those women that show their boobs are old enough, they choose to do it, they are extremely well paid.
And it's designed to appeal specifically to the opposite sex, but it isn't anti -equality because the sun don't show penises.
There isnt a market for that, and what woman wants to see a dozen different mens penises?

But there are topless man mags too, so feminism is pointless in the UK.

I guess she wasn't to high on her horse to let a man get her pregnant? These type of people have severe mental problems or will if they ever stopped and reflected on their actions.

One can only hope that the babies that are aborted would have grown up to be outspoken advocates for abortion, I think that is the only just thing that can come out of abortion.