By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resident Evil, the sales of survival horror's biggest franchise.

LowSettings4Life said:
But what percentage of those RE5 numbers are the standard or gold edition?

This, vgchartz says 8.5 million between

Around the Network

Great job Kylee!

Woohoo RE5, 6 & 2 are tops! Well deserve as they're the best games in the series!

Capcom has no separate data of RE5: Gold Edition, so it's either combined with the regular version or it shipped less than 1m copies.

I'm pretty sure its the former as RE5: GE sold over 300k in Japan alone.

I was pretty surprised when I found out that the PS2 version of Resi 4 barely sold any better than the GC version!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

So sad to see Resident Evil 6 outselling Resident Evil 4 and 2.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

I'll admit.. i bought Operation Raccoon City... I'm sorry

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Not too many surprises here, save for ORC selling way better than I had thought. I wouldn't say 3, CV, and 0's sales were due to a stale formula, but none of those games matched the first two REs in any way. I remember thinking 3 was unimpressive, CV turned me off for multiple reasons (action hero Claire and a terribly unwelcome romantic fling being chief among them), and 0 stopped being interesting after the train.

NiKKoM said:
I'll admit.. i bought Operation Raccoon City... I'm sorry

Not a bad game, it's basically Mass Effect gameplay with a Resident Evil skin on it. Unlike RE5 & RE6, the controls were actually action controls, so it flowed better IMO

To say that ORC is Mass Effect gameplay is an insult to the greatness of Mass Effect gameplay.

Its SOCOM with a RE skin, I mean Capcom even hired a team that made Socom games anyway.

It's not EXACTLY like Mass Effect, just similar