By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resident Evil, the sales of survival horror's biggest franchise.

DL is for digital sales (the don't add digital to each platform for some reason).

Chartz algorithm for tracking sales software sales is weird, sometimes is very accurate and sometimes is hilariously off as Pufft is pointing out.

Also, anybody remember the 32X version of Resident Evil 4?
VGChartz remembers http://www.vgchartz.com/game/71190/resident-evil-4/

Around the Network
Wright said:
RolStoppable said:

Resident Evil 3 wasn't focused on action. The enemy count was already raised in RE2, but I wouldn't say that that counts as a focus on action, especially when we look at the direction the series took from RE4 onwards.

In Resident Evil 3 you could even fabricate ammo and choose what type you'd want, had you had the necessary items. Not only that, but it had the very first instance of Mercenaries Mode, plus some other things. I'm not saying it stopped being horror; I'm saying it definitively switched to killing and dispatching enemies rather than saving ammo and fleeing if circumstances were murky(Except for Nemesis).

I still remember myself dumping the ammo tool because I hardly came across Powder A and B was super scarce to boot that I ended up hording all the bullets and shells I could find, even with a magnum I only saved that for Nemesis encounters and even then I still ran away like some sissy girl.

I would agree though, the game certainly became more about dispatch than fleeing, the game handed you a load more weapons than the previous two games from what I remember and all of them had a decent amount of ammo scattered around, if that wasn't enough there was always the ammo tool.

The one thing that surprises me most out of all this data though is that ORC sold more than REmake, 0, Revalations and the Outbreak series, given that ORC wasn't reviewed as well from what I remember back in 2012, still I did love the game for taking us back to Racoon City, probably my favourite recent Resi game since I hated 6 and before ORC 5 was the second to last Resi game I liekd while I'm currently replaying REmake HD, I still expected ORC to sell like crap though given it's rep so the data kinda stumps me a bit.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Can't believe how much the giraffe blowjob game sold considering all the hate.

RolStoppable said:

Let's bring this down to the basics instead of getting lost in semantics. In your original post you said it was strange that RE3 didn't sell better, even though RE4 did so well because of its action approach. So do you truly believe that RE3 is closer to RE4 than it is to RE2? Because your original post implied as much.

What I meant is, considering that the action-approach of RE3 didn't pay off, strange that Resident Evil 4 then would come and eventually sell much better than its three predecessors, being a completely action-focused game.

LemonSlice said:

When you make awesome games you have a higher chance of moving healthy numbers, regardless of haters.

Around the Network
KyleeStrutt said:

DL is for digital sales (the don't add digital to each platform for some reason).

Chartz algorithm for tracking sales software sales is weird, sometimes is very accurate and sometimes is hilariously off as Pufft is pointing out.

Also, anybody remember the 32X version of Resident Evil 4?
VGChartz remembers http://www.vgchartz.com/game/71190/resident-evil-4/

I thought DL might stand for downloads but its under the term platform which didn't make any sense.

Metroid33slayer said:

I thought DL might stand for downloads but its under the term platform which didn't make any sense.

Well, that's how Capcom puts it.

Wright said:
LemonSlice said:

When you make awesome games you have a higher chance of moving healthy numbers, regardless of haters.

Granted, what I've seen of it looked interesting, but I don't think the RE fanbase liked the game much. Or maybe I'm wrong?

Still, six million is an incredible amount of sales, kinda strange Capcom is making an episodic downloadable for current gen.

Resi 5 is king, no suprise there

But what percentage of those RE5 numbers are the standard or gold edition?