By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Xenoblade Chronicles X Will Be A Bigger System Seller Than MK8/SSBU (in Japan)

I have to disagree. I can see Xenoblade X doing very well, or at least better than Xenoblade, but I don't think there's a chance in hell it can top Nintendo's two biggest home console franchises. It be great to see, because it looks like it could be the Wii-U's best title yet, but it's not something the majority of Nintendo fans will buy. Only time will tell.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network

X will not sell well japan at all. X will struggle to top 1m ww

I bought my Wii U for Xenoblade Chronicles X. I am in the extreme minority though.

Wagram said:
I bought my Wii U for Xenoblade Chronicles X. I am in the extreme minority though.

The other minorities will rise up on Apr 29th in Japan :p

I think this is possible. Considering Xenoblade will be the first game of its kind on the WiiU (more mature and JRPG) it may be a descent system seller in Japan. The bundle will also help...

Around the Network

Pretty bold claim indeed. Unfortunately I don't think it will. MK8 and SSBU are just too big of games to be passed by 1 smaller niche RPG game, and I myself am really pumped for this game. Though I would be all good for being proven wrong ; )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

those boosts by SSB and MK8 are painfully low

I don't think so.
It will almost certainly make me to finally buy one though.
Considered buying one for bayo but it was too much money for playing one game.
Since xenogear chronicles on the wii was awesome the situation is different and I now plan to buy one within a few months

Well, let's think about this for a second, both Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. Wii U had terrible hardware bumps for their releases, why was that the case? The most obvious explanation: the people who wanted to buy Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. Wii U already had the console, aside from those several thousand people who bought the console with the new games. However, there hasn't really been a major push of jRPGs on Wii U at all.

I see people mentioning DQX. Sure, there's the DQX 3.0 expansion releasing, but y'all gotta remember that you still need to have the original game in order to even play it, it doesn't come with the original DQX game. The only way I see DQX 3.0 doing anything to bump Wii U hardware, would be if SQ Enix ships more base games to retail stores, which I suppose is the purpose of the All-in-one package, which hasn't moved hardware at all. So we can remove any potential DQX "bumps" out of the equation if the base games aren't bumped up when version 3.0 releases.

Nintendo, market Xenoblade X well, you haven't sold much to the jRPG fanbase, you can start to do so now.

I'd really consider that it would have a great bump if there were more big JRPGs coming out for the Wii U.

Do we have any other than XCX?

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3