By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Xenoblade Chronicles X Will Be A Bigger System Seller Than MK8/SSBU (in Japan)

tbone51 said:

lmao, you might want to think that over XD

I did and you were DEAD wrong ... 

Including WiiWare titles there is about 1900 games on the Wii ...

Since Vgchartz only has somewhat reliable data on on retail games that cuts down the sample size to about 1350 games ... 

Even if a third of the games that passed through 100K lifetime in Japan were overtracked you would still be incorrect ... 

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:
tbone51 said:

Yes i did, i made a wrong prediction, dont know wat it has to do with this? My other much much bold prediction i recently had people thought i was crazy and i was close to the mark... (SSBU+3DS hitting close to 10mil Shipped by years end)!  Since we are talking about my predictions of course, I can name all the crazy/unbelievable ones i got right if you like :0

As for your second comment, im talking just week of launch not long term^

It wasn't meant to be a shot at you. I was just trying to say to keep expectations in check. Also, can we really call XCX a bigger system seller than MK8 even if it has a better launch week? MK8 raised the Wii U's baseline from 30k to approximately 55k, that is a true system seller. Any game can give a one week boost, it happens all the time.

True, I guess i mean 1st week boost only^ :0

KingdomHeartsFan said:
tbone51 said:

i said 85-95% of games dont (first i was just guesstimating). Im not wrong^ 

Well you said 95% then decided to change it.  Again why are you not wrong?

Ok i admit tht but my original point was that most games dont hit 100k lifetime in japan. Thats all im saying. 

Would be awesome if it was true, sadly it probably isn't, it really deserves it from what I have seen

fatslob-:O said:
tbone51 said:

lmao, you might want to think that over XD

I did and you were DEAD wrong ... 

Including WiiWare titles there is about 1900 games on the Wii ...

Since Vgchartz only has somewhat reliable data on on retail games that cuts down the sample size to about 1350 games ... 

Even if a third of the games that passed through 100K lifetime in Japan were overtracked you would still be incorrect ... 

Umm... You only picking the Wii? Why?

There are about 2400 games that surpassed 100k in japan according to this site.There are 70k+ games, even if half of them arent released in japan, thats 2.4k out of 35k total.

Like i said before, 85%-95% of games dont surpass 100k in japan lifetime.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

There are about 2400 games that surpassed 100k in japan according to this site.There are 70k+ games, even if half of them arent released in japan, thats 2.4k out of 35k total.

Out of context ... 

@Bold No you didn't ... You specifically listed 95% originally ... 

fatslob-:O said:
tbone51 said:

Out of context ... 

@Bold No you didn't ... You specifically listed 95% originally ... 

ok like i said i guesstimated at first but i wasnt far off. I said this already, i "GUESSTIMATED" before. Then i corrected myself and my original point still stands. Not many games in japan do 100k+ lifetime.

Should give a very nice boost since Japan still loves their JRPGs but not sure about more than Smash boost. Maybe on par with Mario Kart boost.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

cycycychris said:
HollyGamer said:

and then compare to the list when SSBU and MK8 haven't release yet (prior 2013 list i think ) and just look where SSBU and MK8 stand and compare it with your new list. It's already answering the OP prediction if we use hype matter for predict the future sales. Yeah but i hope it will help Wii U and i am wrong.

Edit: My list is more up to date then yours actually

I hope that it can do better than them. I have my doubts. I do think it might outsell SB4 week, but both together, I guess it could be possible with the bundle, but a bit doubtful

also, mines is most up to date.
this one is yours
http://nintendoeverything.com/famitsus-most-wanted-games-12515/#more-186526
And here's my list
http://nintendoeverything.com/famitsus-most-wanted-games-2115/#more-187358

Yeah you are right, i didn't read the vote timeline. Still , i hope it will have a bigger boost then SSBU or MK8. But it will be difficult especially for JRPG that have a decent sales on Wii.

No, it will not. The JRPG market is no mass market. But it will sell the system to me.

With the original Xenoblade I expected just another mediocre JRPG but I was completely wrong. Instead I got one of the best games I played in my life and for sure by far the best JRPG of the last two generations.