By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Netflix Is making a live-action Zelda TV Series

Are you excited?

Yes! Zelda hype! 127 62.87%

Meh... 47 23.27%

Worst show ever 0/10 28 13.86%

Total:202

I am afraid Netflix will ruined the image of Zelda, and make Zelda without any direct connection story to the previous games. Well that what happen to all Anime, games to Real live action movie.

Around the Network

Why "Game of Thrones" for family? All I've been hearing about GoT are incest XD

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Calm down everyone. The Game of Thrones comparison is most likely only regarding the aesthetics.

I am more weary of this than excited...I fear it may be awful.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
I am more weary of this than excited...I fear it may be awful.

Yup, i prefer animated CG then real live action, i hate how western movie developer always ruined the story of anime, games movie adapatation.

Around the Network

It'd be better if it was a animated TV-Series rather than Live Action.

Anyways, this show isn't even release yet and we'll just wait on how it turns out.

Click Here To Check Out My YT Channel!

It sounds bad. That being said, I would enjoy another quality fantasy show.

Prediction: This.. will... never...happen...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Well someone pointed out on another site that TV producers are using Game of Thrones as short hand for a television show with a fantasy setting. For example if it was a movie they would probably use Lord of the Rings/Hobbit when pitching it.

It could work Netflix is attracting some talent in writing and directing thanks to the previous mentioned two show and budget they are willing to part with. Woody Allan has signed on to make an *original series* and he seems to have a large niche following for his movies. I highlighted that original series so people wouldn't get nervous.

Seriously this could go either way. And it not like Link would be the main character it could be Zelda, with Link as a Retain that has taken the vow of silence. Seriously if they follow the story archetype setup in the Zelda series and apply them to the template for a fantasy show it could turn out well. Right off the top of my head. When Zelda's sickly, because face it the father always have to be sickly, father's kingdom is threated by the dark lord Ganon. Zelda takes he body guard Impa and childhood friend Link. In search of the legendary treasures of the gods. And Tinkle can be the creepy guide they get that turns up to point them in the right direction and provide comedy releief. They would run into other characters in the Zelda franchise that would join them for a few episodes to help with finding going though the various dungeons. I would flesh it out more but have to go to work.

But it could go either way. Much like when they allowed Capcom to make games for the Zelda series. And since either company hasn't announced it. The show is probally in the pitch stage. And this is from the Wall Street Journal not IGN, and this publication usually doesn't do elabrote April Fools jokes.