By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dark Souls 2 on PlayStation 4 Comparison

Since Youtube has started offering 60fps video too, SOME 1080p videos judder like crazy on my laptop. Have they changed the way they stream in order to compensate with 60fps when they're available?

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Since Youtube has started offering 60fps video too, SOME 1080p videos judder like crazy on my laptop. Have they changed the way they stream in order to compensate with 60fps when they're available?

Might just be the larger file sizes. 

Chazore said:
Captain_Tom said:
sc94597 said:
NavyNut said:
PS4 is superior to PC

No it's not. It's equivalent to a low-mid end PC that costs about $450. The version they are showing is an updated version which will release on PC as well, and will be playeable at 4k or downsampling through mods. So...

The PS4 is still equivalent to a high end PC, unless you consider the 7870, GTX 580, and 660 Ti a low end card lol.

YOu'd be surprised with all the GPU's that have released since then and how the reccomended have sloped down to Minimum;

GTA V PC specs:

Minimum

• OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
  • Memory: 4GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
  • HDD Space: 65GB

Recommended

• OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
  • HDD Space: 65GB

Battlefield Hardline:

Minimum

PROCESSOR: Athlon II/Phenom II 2.8 GHz, Intel Core i3/i5 2.4GHz
MEMORY: 4 GB RAM
GRAPHICS CARD: ATI Radeon HD 5770 (1 GB), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 (896 MB)
HARD DRIVE: 60 GB
DIRECTX 11

Recommended

CPU: INTEL QUAD-CORE CPU, AMD SIX-CORE CPU
MEMORY: 8 GB RAM
GRAPHICS CARD: AMD Radeon R9 290, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
GRAPHICS MEMORY: 3 GB
HARD DRIVE: 60 GB
DIRECTX 11

Metal gear Ground Zeroes:

Minimum

Processor: Core i5 SandyBridge 4Core (4 Thread) 2.7GHz or above
Memory: 4 GB RAM or above
Graphics: GeForce GTX 650 or above
DirectX: Version 11 or above

Recommended

Processor: Core i5 SandyBridge 4Core (4 Thread) 2.7GHz or above
Memory: 8 GB RAM or above
Graphics: GeForce GTX 760 or above
DirectX: Version 11 or above

Do you have any idea how much stronger a 7870 is than a 5770? lol like 4-5x.  Or hell it is even 3-4x stronger than the GTX 650.  Yeah the Wicher says it requires a 7870, but that is far from the norm as you demonstrated.  Don't get me wrong the 7870 will be midrange GPU the second AMD's new line-up comes out a few months from now.  But until then, keep in mind it still maxes out most of the games out there in 1080p.

Captain_Tom said:

Do you have any idea how much stronger a 7870 is than a 5770? lol like 4-5x.  Or hell it is even 3-4x stronger than the GTX 650.  Yeah the Wicher says it requires a 7870, but that is far from the norm as you demonstrated.  Don't get me wrong the 7870 will be midrange GPU the second AMD's new line-up comes out a few months from now.  But until then, keep in mind it still maxes out most of the games out there in 1080p.

The HD 7870, like its successor the r9 270x is and has been a mid-ranged GPU for years now. The HD 7950/7970 were the high end AMD cards when the HD 7870 released, and now the r9 280/ 285/280x/290/290x surpass the HD 7870 and the first few are generally considered mid-end cards designed for $500-800 PC's. And remember, the pitcairn in the PS4 is a gimped version of the standard 7870, while a 270x is an overclocked version. PC gaming is moving into 1440p at the minimum and 4k at the maximum now. And 60 fps has become somewhat of a standard for high-end cards. The HD 7870 can not succed in these areas, therefore it is a mid-end GPU. The PS4's GPU is so gimped that some games need to run at 1600 * 900 and 30 fps. 

sc94597 said:
Captain_Tom said:

The HD 7870, like its successor the r9 270x is and has been a mid-ranged GPU for years now. The HD 7950/7970 were the high end AMD cards when the HD 7870 released, and now the r9 280/ 285/280x/290/290x surpass the HD 7870 and the first few are generally considered mid-end cards designed for $500-800 PC's. And remember, the pitcairn in the PS4 is a gimped version of the standard 7870, while a 270x is an overclocked version. PC gaming is moving into 1440p at the minimum and 4k at the maximum now. And 60 fps has become somewhat of a standard for high-end cards. The HD 7870 can not succed in these areas, therefore it is a mid-end GPU. The PS4's GPU is so gimped that some games need to run at 1600 * 900 and 30 fps. 

1) High-end starts at AMD's R9 and Nvidia's GTX x60.  7950/70 was Enthusiaste-grade.  High end cards can max out everything when they come out, and only run games at mid-high a few years after.  Enthusiaste cards can more than max out games at release, and continue to do so years after release.  My 7970 can still max out EVERY game that comes out.  That makes it more than just High End. Plus look at the pricing.  $600 is more than most people spend on an entire PC, if you are spending that much you are looking for more than just "High."

2) If you want to talk about every game individually we can, but the fact is that A LOT of games still coming out are crazy unoptimized on the consoles for some reason (Battlefield comes to mind).  You did mention MGS:GZ though, and the PS4 runs it maxed out in 1080p at 60 FPS.  

Around the Network
Captain_Tom said:
sc94597 said:

1) High-end starts at AMD's R9 and Nvidia's GTX x60.  7950/70 was Enthusiaste-grade.  High end cards can max out everything when they come out, and only run games at mid-high a few years after.  Enthusiaste cards can more than max out games at release, and continue to do so years after release.  My 7970 can still max out EVERY game that comes out.  That makes it more than just High End. Plus look at the pricing.  $600 is more than most people spend on an entire PC, if you are spending that much you are looking for more than just "High."

2) If you want to talk about every game individually we can, but the fact is that A LOT of games still coming out are crazy unoptimized on the consoles for some reason (Battlefield comes to mind).  You did mention MGS:GZ though, and the PS4 runs it maxed out in 1080p at 60 FPS.  

1. What do you mean by max-out? Most PC gamers qualify that as running a game at max settings 60fps. I agree with that sentiment. High-end is a relative statement, but most reviews label the 270x as a midrange card, and it's an overclocked HD7870. 

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2430258,00.asp

The AMD Radeon R9 270X ($199 list) is AMD's new midrange graphics card aimed at gamers who want strong 1080p performance, but can't afford luxury models. Like most members of the Radeon R7/R9 family, it's a refreshed version of a previous architecture—in this case, the AMD Radeon HD 7870. Specifically, it's a drop-in replacement for that chip, but at slightly higher clock speeds.

2. They're unoptimized on PC also. When did I mention MGS:GZ? 

BraLoD said:
sc94597 said:

What do you expect when the Op has pics saying PC PS3 and PS4? 

That people discuss the game and it's improvements, not what PC cards range the PS4 would compete...

What like how we're pitting a more updated version VS all the other platforms running the old version but at the same time not showing what the newer version is going to look like on the other platforms anyway?, sounds competely fair to me!.

It became PC vs PS4 when IGN decided it was fair sport to compare PS4 to PC in terms of visuals, especially when they know as well as you do that PC will also be getting the new version along with it's ability to DSR, it should have just been a video showcasing PS4 vs PS4, you know within the same platform league and same platform brand, it would have made much more sense to do it that way and then advertise at the end that PC will also be getting the new version, that way no towel is thrown in, no need to compare and everyone goes home happy, instead they did this on purpose, I looked at the YT comment section and knew what they did gave the desired results, people throwing back and forth which version is better, mostly people touting PS4 since thatw as the only version shown and I can't help but see them as a bunch of goits for not noticing let alone looking up (IGn's fault for not being crystal damn clear at all) that it won't just be PS4 that's getting the new version.

The thing is PC myths keep getting spread around constantly like this and IGN will simply fuel the fire and then enxt week or some other time they'll post yet another blog of building a "console killing PC build", like the outdated one they tried and failed with already because they are gods at knowing what they are doing, especially when showing off graphics/FPS on a video content provider that effectively limits and chops up the quality output of the very video you are trying to show off.

Remember that U4 demo that was shown on YT?, yeah it looked shit because of YT's regular quality, even at supposed 1080p it looked shit, I had to download the file manually and watch it on one of my players to see the full proper quality as it was meant to be seen, you should know right off the bat that YT butchers the overall quality of all videos, IGN showing that off was completely pointless if it's already butchered.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
BraLoD said:

That people discuss the game and it's improvements, not what PC cards range the PS4 would compete...

What like how we're pitting a more updated version VS all the other platforms running the old version but at the same time not showing what the newer version is going to look like on the other platforms anyway?, sounds competely fair to me!.

It became PC vs PS4 when IGN decided it was fair sport to compare PS4 to PC in terms of visuals, especially when they know as well as you do that PC will also be getting the new version along with it's ability to DSR, it should have just been a video showcasing PS4 vs PS4, you know within the same platform league and same platform brand, it would have made much more sense to do it that way and then advertise at the end that PC will also be getting the new version, that way no towel is thrown in, no need to compare and everyone goes home happy, instead they did this on purpose, I looked at the YT comment section and knew what they did gave the desired results, people throwing back and forth which version is better, mostly people touting PS4 since thatw as the only version shown and I can't help but see them as a bunch of goits for not noticing let alone looking up (IGn's fault for not being crystal damn clear at all) that it won't just be PS4 that's getting the new version.

The thing is PC myths keep getting spread around constantly like this and IGN will simply fuel the fire and then enxt week or some other time they'll post yet another blog of building a "console killing PC build", like the outdated one they tried and failed with already because they are gods at knowing what they are doing, especially when showing off graphics/FPS on a video content provider that effectively limits and chops up the quality output of the very video you are trying to show off.

Remember that U4 demo that was shown on YT?, yeah it looked shit because of YT's regular quality, even at supposed 1080p it looked shit, I had to download the file manually and watch it on one of my players to see the full proper quality as it was meant to be seen, you should know right off the bat that YT butchers the overall quality of all videos, IGN showing that off was completely pointless if it's already butchered.

When the Youtube discription reads.. "We pit an early build of Dark Souls 2 for the PlayStation 4 against the PS3, PC, and Xbox 360." But Nooope. Lets speculate and talk about why they didn't show the other versions instead of the improvements.

Not defending IGN here, but I did not expect this to happen here especially in the Sony discussion section, so I'm going to update the OP.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5