By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dark Souls 2 on PlayStation 4 Comparison

JayWood2010 said:

Guess I just didnt read it correctly -_-

http://cdn.idigitaltimes.com/dark-souls-2-free-dlc-coming-february-and-its-massive-408111?page=1743

As announced on the official Bandai Namco Tumblr page, Dark Souls II will be receiving a massive content patch on Feb. 4th-5th. This content patch will be free to download, and will be coming to the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. This content comes as to "prepare for The Scholar of the First Sin." If you missed it, Dark Souls II: The Scholar of the First Sin is the upcoming remastered version of Dark Souls II coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC. This remastered version will also have all previously released Dark Souls II DLC content bundled in with it.

"Prepare for" being keywords here. Prepare for paying for The Scholar of the First Sin; meanwhile here's this free DLC that adds said NPC character and patches a lot of things :P

Around the Network

Why are they emphasizing PS4? The rework is releasing on XBO and PC also.

Still looks ugly as usual. But that's not a surprise, at least the game is amazing (better than DS1 imo).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Haven't played any version yet so I might pick this up.

They should have remade Dark Souls 1 instead.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:

Because that's where most people will buy it on and it probably looks better

SaberSaurus said:
sc94597 said:

Probably looks better than on PC? 

sc94597 said:
SaberSaurus said:

I don't know, PCs vary in hardware.

SaberSaurus said:
sc94597 said:

I don't know, PCs vary in hardware.

But this game tends not to. PC Dark Souls games are more often than not direct ports of the PS3 (or in this case PS4) version. 

The lighting on the ps4 version is