By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dark Souls 2 on PlayStation 4 Comparison

The lighting on the ps4 version is fantastic.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Very little difference.

Did you even watched the video on HD, full screen? I doubt someone with a good/normal vision would say "very little difference".

And besides, in this case, the improvements will also affect the gameplay a lot. It was practically unplayable at certain times playing co-op or against other players because of the FPS drops. I'm really considering buying this game again because I stopped playing it thanks to those big flaws in fact.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
fluky-nintendy said:
Samus Aran said:
Very little difference.

Did you even watched the video on HD, full screen? I doubt someone with a good/normal vision would say "very little difference".

And besides, in this case, the improvements will also affect the gameplay a lot. It was practically unplayable at certain times playing co-op or against other players because of the FPS drops. I'm really considering buying this game again because I stopped playing it thanks to those big flaws in fact.

For a remake this is very little difference and not worth the full price. From Software games always look ugly to me anyway, so graphics wouldn't be a reason for me to buy one of their games.

This should cost €10 at max for someone who already bought the original version.

Samus Aran said:
fluky-nintendy said:

For a remake this is very little difference and not worth the full price. From Software games always look ugly to me anyway, so graphics wouldn't be a reason for me to buy one of their games.

This should cost €10 at max for someone who already bought the original version.

It's not a remake, it's a remaster. A remake is something entirely re-done, which is not the case with this game. Graphics on From games get the job done, they aren't either too realistic nor cartoony, but like I said even at low-end AAA graphic quality they need to be stable when you connect with other players so the gameplay won't suffer.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
fluky-nintendy said:

It's not a remake, it's a remaster. A remake is something entirely re-done, which is not the case with this game. Graphics on From games get the job done, they aren't either too realistic nor cartoony, but like I said even at low-end AAA graphic quality they need to be stable when you connect with other players so the gameplay won't suffer.

They charge full price for it, so it might as well be a remake.
Like I said, if it was €10 for the people who bought the original then I wouldn't complain about it. Full price for those who didn't.

Around the Network

PS4 is superior to PC

NavyNut said:
PS4 is superior to PC

No it's not. It's equivalent to a low-mid end PC that costs about $450. The version they are showing is an updated version which will release on PC as well, and will be playeable at 4k or downsampling through mods. So...

Ruler said:
Samus Aran said:
Very little difference.

It looks a lot better, espacially the lighting

Did you see the water too?  It looks crazy better on PS4/PC DX11.  To those who say there isn't one: STOP DEPENDING ON CRAPY YOUTUBE TO SEE GRAPHICS.

Captain_Tom said:
Ruler said:

It looks a lot better, espacially the lighting

Did you see the water too?  It looks crazy better on PS4/PC DX11.  To those who say there isn't one: STOP DEPENDING ON CRAPY YOUTUBE TO SEE GRAPHICS.

I often think graphics look better on youtube than on my big screen tv. It's one of the reasons I play a lot on my gamepad.

sc94597 said:
NavyNut said:
PS4 is superior to PC

No it's not. It's equivalent to a low-mid end PC that costs about $450. The version they are showing is an updated version which will release on PC as well, and will be playeable at 4k or downsampling through mods. So...

The PS4 is still equivalent to a high end PC, unless you consider the 7870, GTX 580, and 660 Ti a low end card lol.