By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Truck Stop - Website Development Updates - Keyboard navigation, yes or no?

Would you enjoy the forums having keyboard navigation (J/K to move up and down a post)?

I'd like that A LOT! 24 22.86%

It would be nice to have 24 22.86%

I don't think I'd use it 30 28.57%

Not really 16 15.24%

See results 10 9.52%

Total:104
Carl2291 said:
HylianYoshi said:
I've got a suggestion. I'm sure someone else has already suggested this before, but for reinforcement:

I think that we should be able to post threads onto multiple discussion forums. Not all threads definitively belong in a single discussion topic.

Hypothetical example: Let's say I want to post the very first trailer for the new Zelda movie. It's a movie trailer, right? By that logic, it belongs in Movies Discussion. But the thread most certainly is going to be more imporant to Nintendo fans. That's the reason why the movie is a big deal, because it's based off of a beloved Nintendo IP. So by that logic, the thread belongs in Nintendo Discussion as well as Movies Discussion. However, I'm forced to choose one, when it belongs in both.

My personal suggestion for this?

Remove the Movies sub-forum, along with all other sub-forums that could very easily go under a single "Off Topic" forum.

We have too many subs as things stand, we need to go simple.

I agree with this suggestion. Something like that should have happened a long while ago imo.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Normally, I would say more categories are better, but I actually think this is a good idea

Take Wikianswers for example (weird, I know) That site has wayy too many categories and is impossible to categorize things properly and very difficult to manage. The single umbrella category would cover all of these topics since the ratio of game threads to non-game threads is big

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Ka-pi96 said:
ugh, since everyone is saying they hate the multiple categories I feel I need to jump in here and say I love them.

Compare this to a site like gaf which has gaming and off topic and that's it. I fucking hate that! You can't find shit that you want. Whether a thread on a topic you're looking for is in the list or not is pretty much pure luck depending on how recently someone has posted in it.

I love that VGC categorises things. Granted most of the time I just look at latest topics. But when I want a particular thread I know where I can find it. If I want football thread I click sports discussion. When I want the anime or Supernatural thread I click movies discussion. When I want one of the nation threads I click on the appropriate section. It's simple and easy and I like that.

Take that away and what are my options? Either constantly spam the threads I want to keep looking at so they stay on my buddy or just give up on them completely? Not exactly a great set of options now is it?

But often times when you try to find a specific thread, you have to search over a few different categories because people don't always post in the correct ones.

You can click on the buddy to see all of the threads you've posted in. You don't have to spam to keep threads in it.

I also think fewer categories would be better.

I've actually never used the buddy since it's always out of the window and I could use My Topics rather than that, which is also easier..

Leaving it or shortening would be fine with me, though if the more-than-one-category feature is added, probably would be best if 2 or 3 categories was the maximum to add

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Ka-pi96 said:
JoeTheBro said:

But often times when you try to find a specific thread, you have to search over a few different categories because people don't always post in the correct ones.

You can click on the buddy to see all of the threads you've posted in. You don't have to spam to keep threads in it.

I also think fewer categories would be better.

Well if you're looking for a specific thread it's likely one you already know about and therefore you should know which section it's posted in since you've been there before

And yeah, I know you can click the buddy to see all threads posted in, but I currently have 10393 threads posted in. Only 6 of the 15 categories have more threads than that in so I'd still be better off looking in the individual categories

With the new design, there will be a "stickied" thread portion on the buddy which will allow you to have your favorite threads ever present even if you haven't posted in them in a while.

Platina said:
I've actually never used the buddy since it's always out of the window and I could use My Topics rather than that, which is also easier..

Leaving it or shortening would be fine with me, though if the more-than-one-category feature is added, probably would be best if 2 or 3 categories was the maximum to add

That is another issue that will be addressed in the new design. The buddy will be accessible from an icon in the top menu and visible to all resolutions (even mobile).

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Mod edit

Spambot

Post Removed - Zekkyou

Spam bot

I'm not sure if it's just a problem on my side, though for some reason the first four threads in the front page cannot be clicked. This problem is present on both my android device and Pc. I usually have to enter the hot topics section to be able to enter these threads.

Is anyone else experiencing this bug?

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

-snip-