By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS Sales 2014 vs 2015 - Week by Week

3DS averaged about 110k from Week 11-week 40. So as long as it averages 97k this year, it will be be flat going into the holidays.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

New 3DS seems to be giving quite the nice boost to 3DS family, hopefully it continues to stay up. Maybe 1-2 million up? Though I wonder if Nintendo is planning a Pokemon exclusive to New 3DS, or if Yokai Watch 3 turns out to be New 3DS exclusive, that should give it quite the amazing boost.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Keep it up!

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Tlozjb said:
New 3DS seems to be giving quite the nice boost to 3DS family, hopefully it continues to stay up. Maybe 1-2 million up? Though I wonder if Nintendo is planning a Pokemon exclusive to New 3DS, or if Yokai Watch 3 turns out to be New 3DS exclusive, that should give it quite the amazing boost.

If Pokémon Z will become a New 3DS exclusives, 3DS up YOY condirmed.

Hope so!!!

Ryng_Tolu said:
Tlozjb said:

If Pokémon Z will become a New 3DS exclusives, 3DS up YOY condirmed.

Hope so!!!

And if Yokai Watch 3 gets the same treatment, 3DS having it's best year ever confirmed!  

Just imagine Nintendo and Level 5 joining up and making a Pokemon Z + Yokai Watch 3 + New 3DS or New 3DS XL bundle.  I'll just write the prices in dollars, ince it would be easier than to look for the yen equivalent of it, but the New 3DS bundle being 229.99, and the XL one for 259.99, saving 10 dollars by game.  And while we are that, those that buy the regular bundle will get entered in a contest, to get a Yokai Watch x Pokemon faceplate.  Though that scenario will never happen, the boost of those 2 being N3DS exclusive would just be huge.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Around the Network

No freaking chance Pokemon Z or Yokai Watch 3 would be N3DS exclusive.

Why cut off like 50 million customers from your game for no good reason. They're free to add bonus N3DS functionality if they want but they'd never make it N3DS exclusive.

3DS week 10 2015: 161,000
3DS week 10 2012: 146,000
3DS week 10 2013: 145,000
3DS week 10 2014: 114,000
3DS week 10 2011: 63,000

Dat 3DS comeback.

Surely if Unity support for N3DS brings a lot of exclusive titles, we're going to have to treat it as a different system to the 3DS? :p

That said, I'm amazed the N3DS has managed to boost sales so much when it's first game has only just come out.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
Surely if Unity support for N3DS brings a lot of exclusive titles, we're going to have to treat it as a different system to the 3DS? :p

That said, I'm amazed the N3DS has managed to boost sales so much when it's first game has only just come out.

Not really, go look at the list of DSiWare games for DSi/DSi XL that werent on the original DS or DS Lite, it would be the exact same situation.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
MikeRox said:

Not really, go look at the list of DSiWare games for DSi/DSi XL that werent on the original DS or DS Lite, it would be the exact same situation.

all 10 of them? If Unity gained traction, it really would add a big difference in lineups. It was a tongue in cheek comment though.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.