By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where is the outcry with BF:Hardline resolution?

Dark_Feanor said:
JayWood2010 said:

Ehh, how about we just stop just the pixel wars -_-

This time is not pixel wars. 

EA told us something and they can´t deliver that promisse.

I´m fact, I don´t care if they had problems later in development. I just fell wierd people didn´t complained this time.

Because it's EA. Isn't this what they do? There isn't an outcry because nobody is surprised anymore by what they say versus what they deliver.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Dark_Feanor said:
JayWood2010 said:

Ehh, how about we just stop just the pixel wars -_-

I´m fact, I don´t care if they had problems later in development. I just fell wierd people didn´t complained this time.

I can't see EA saying that it would be 1080p, just that it could be, that doesn't mean they promised anything.

Actually they did....

60FPS

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

JazzB1987 said:
this time its 900p on a specific console so its "okay" this time I guess :)
JK

No seriously 10 years after HD gaming started in the living rooms (1600x1200 was already on PC in 2002) We still dont have FHD games on systems that are marketed as powerful :)

resolution doesn't equal to good graphics. There are a lot of other factors.
A 1080p standard for games was easily possible last gen, but they would've ended up looking much worse than the 720p or sub-HD game we got instead.

PC games aren't developed to push the PCs to the maximum, therefore lots of games can be played on 1200p and higher on pretty much any decent PC.
If developers would actually try to absolutely push them, like they try to push console games, 99% of PC owners wouldn't even meet the minimum requirements.

Ka-pi96 said:
CosmicSex said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I can't see EA saying that it would be 1080p, just that it could be, that doesn't mean they promised anything.

Actually they did....

Where? I've looked through both the linked articles and can't see that anywhere.

It was at E3.  EA said it on stage during the Sony conference I believe.  There was an uproar when the first beta launch right after and was under 1080p.   But alas, they claim it would be 1080p and 60FPS for both... so 720p seems really weird.  I mean, for a game that was originally supposed to launch last holiday, its really suprising they would be so unaware of whatever technical hurdles they were facing. 

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Actually they did....

Actually they didn't:

Source (linked above)

“...it should be the same [as PS4].” … If you look at the games that Visceral Games has made before, we have always strive for total parity between our platforms,” Ian explained. “Of course, the PC version, it will do whatever your PC can handle, and the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions will obviously not be as high res as compared to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions. But those two [PS4 and Xbox One] should be locked in together.”

It should be the same as the PS4, and they strive for total parity between platforms. That isn't guaranteeing or promising anything.

No one cares about the game, so no one cares about its resolution.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

before the consoles released I was like yay 1080p finally
after they released I was like ok well at least 900p
a year after the release wtf 720p

:(

I don't know about other ppl, but for me its that I just don't care about EA and what they do or don't do anymore. My expectations of them are so low that even if they made a PS4/XB1 game run at 480p it wouldn't faze me.

I feel the exact same way about ubisoft. as it stands, they aren't going to be getting my money for most of this generation. Putting my money where my mouth is.

It has 50% more resolution on PS4 than on X1 so i think they did what they could with both machines :p