By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has a game ever played with your emotions?

Has a game ever made you sad?

Yes 71 78.89%

No 7 7.78%

I cri evaritiem T_T 6 6.67%

I just google kittens then I'm fine 3 3.33%

I'm a wall, sturdy again... 3 3.33%

Total:90

The Walking Dead. The.Entire.THING. T_T I can`t think of anything that stirred me more that that game...! Curse that wonderful game. CURSE IIIIIIIIIIIIT.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Wright said:
melbye said:
Yes, of course. Don't want to mention anything specific because of of spoilers but the end of Link's Awakening was the first time a game made me feel something.

Link's Awakening ending was very sad, indeed.

It was very sad. But would you rather live a lie or fade into nonexistence knowing the truth?

The mother series and mainline smt series.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.

Literally made me cry, tears coming out.

For those of you with Xbox 360's, it's free with GWG! Get it now! Right now!

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

The Walking Dead Season 1+2 and The Last of Us

Around the Network

Yup, I love a good soul wrenching story. Doesn't happen all too often though. Maybe once or twice a generation. Child of Light was the most recent. Dat intro video.. damn. What's considered the good ending to Silent Hill: Shattered Memories really got to me too.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Many games:

Playing the Single player mode in Phantasy Star Online.
Every time I win or lose in Street Fighter or in a fighting game.
Saying "That's Bullshit" or "OMG" or "What the EFFF" every time I played CoD online.
Ocarina of Time makes me have goosebumps every time I play it.
I randomly smile every time I play a Mario game (guess it's the music and Mario's in game abilities).
I grow an attachment to all my character in Fire Emblem games (especially after reading their supports).
Pokémon Games tend to relax me. They tend to bring me to a time when I was just a child and I relive my innocence again.
The Older Resident Evil games used to scare the poop outta me when I was younger (Code Veronica when the dogs coming out of nowhere playing after midnight and speakers booming? Or that video of Alice and her brother?).

I could go on and on... but I don't want anybody here thinking I'm a pansy because I am in touch with my feminine side...

Games that made me shed a tear? Mother 3.

Games that made me sad at some point? Super Paper Mario, Fire Emblem.

Games that made me sad pretty much constantly? Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones

Bonus: Super Smash Bros.'s secret story lore from Game Theory... :( 

NiKKoM said:

End thread  

For me personally though I'd say Star Ocean The Last Hope. 

Every Kingdom Hearts game I've ever played and Virtue's Last Reward has gotten me feeling sentimental at times.