Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSVITA hugely undertracked in 2014 as expected

undertrached?

yes !! 79 45.66%

no 36 20.81%

Hell no!! 57 32.95%

Total:172
tbone51 said:
nanzano said:

I still don't understand why you care so much about the vita and I can't tell if you hate it or like it because you don't own one. Anyway I will take my time to explain you. 

1- You know why VGC is so uncertaint about ps4 sales?( first undertracked by 1Million and then recently overtracked by the same million) ot is simply because they don't know the sale behavior of the R.O.W and I made a comment in december that the ps4 was overcracked at that time based on sony info about the asian market at TGS.

2- VGC says PSVita US 2.2 M  ROW 1.3 M which is wrong because online games like FWs  with WW ranking shows that the Asian market is waayy bigger than we think and bigger than US market, they are simply Handheld market like japan (3.57 Million unit). And for someone who don't play vita games online can't simply know it. So I won't be surprise if the asain market is at 2.5 Million since sony anounced a grow of 25% of ps VITA sales since ps4 launch while the US market of the vita keep falling since 2013

"I still don't understand why you care so much about the vita" Im trying to help you (and DrVita) out because i think your both overshooting the Vita. You remind me of me when i first join but as for me it was Nintendo Related.

As of Now we know vita's undertracked in the US by 200k (2.2mil LTD NPD vs 2.0mil VGC end of 2014)

We have Japan like you said 3.58mil which means officially we have Vita #s at 5.78mil WW in 2 of 3 biggest regions. 

That said looking at the numbers presented, It sure looks like Vita could be undertracked by  ALOT, but thats not the case. I'll present all the numbers including Shipments so we can at least estimate how much vita sold/shipped. We doknow psp is still selling despite Discontinued in Japan (and i think US)

What do you call biggest region???? Do you know that in 2015 CHina is the WW N°1 country and that HONKONG where the vita is selling very well belongs to china??? Do you know that Asian market is growing WW in every technology departement? US is one of the Biggest market with console but not with handhaeld recently and that is why poeple think HH market is dying, but no it is dying in US!! 

PS4 : US 7.5M    Jap 1M

PSVITA  US 2.2 M   JAP 3.5M 

So I hope you understand why the vita sales in ROW could be bigger than US sales

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
So what do you think the lifetime sales are due to this HUGE undertracking?

IMVHO it's absolutely impossible to tell, it depends whether Sony will try anything to revive it before it fades away or not. Marketing is currently almost nonexistent and price is still too high, both buying a decently sized mem stick separately or getting a bundle with a paltry 4 or 8GB one included.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I think its incorrect to assume the sell through of the wii u and vita are the same, as they clearly arent, but i do hope its undertracked.

Nem said:
I think its incorrect to assume the sell through of the wii u and vita are the same, as they clearly arent, but i do hope its undertracked.

Didn't say they are same please read the previews comments

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

Nem said:

Yeah seriously. Vita's sell through is bound to be much higher.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Around the Network
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
I'm sad it took 4 years for the Vita to sell around 10 million....

It needed 3. It launched late December of 2011 in Japan, and February of 2012 in the West. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

BlowoverKing said:
Nem said:

Yeah seriously. Vita's sell through is bound to be much higher.

Sell Through can be close or over 10mil by years end (2014). Shipped is probably anywhere between 10.2mil-10.8mil imo.

Its weird its the only system we have no clue about, aside from Sold from official numbers are 5.78mil (US+Japan)

tbone51 said:
BlowoverKing said:
That's great if true. My guess would be besides the undertracking in the US (~120k), Europe is probably way off along with the "Rest of the World".

US was i think about 180k under, but as for Europe+RoW maybe 200k-300k at most imo.

Coud be that Invizimals shifted more units in Southern Europe than anyone expected. That franchise used to be huge in places like Spain and Portugal. Tadeo Jones also got a second tie in game on Vita there.

Rest of World figures on here are complete guesswork anyway, could easily be 1m more than we think, could be 1m less than we think, so many countries, so little data.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

tbone51 said:

Its weird its the only system we have no clue about, aside from Sold from official numbers are 5.78mil (US+Japan)

It is? Sounds like we're unsure over the PS3 and Xbox 360 too actually...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=197739&page=1#

And again with discrepencies that could be in 7 figures.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Metallox said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
I'm sad it took 4 years for the Vita to sell around 10 million....

It needed 3. It launched late December of 2011 in Japan, and February of 2012 in the West. 

I already said it was a typo.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!