By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Don't You Own [Console You Don't Own]?

What's your favorite colour?

Red 34 17.00%

Orange 9 4.50%

Yellow 7 3.50%

Green 23 11.50%

Blue 62 31.00%

Purple 15 7.50%

Pink 2 1.00%

White 8 4.00%

Black 32 16.00%

Other 8 4.00%

Total:200

I don't own an Xbox One, as Sony suits my gaming needs better, plus i enjoy Sony's exclusives better. I also don't have the time to own more than one console each gen. Haven't owned an Xbox since the original.

Around the Network

i do not want them or do not feel i need them.

XBO - Lack of money
If I had a job I would have owned one by now, unfortunaltely as time goes on PS4's library will grow stronger to the point where I wont feel like I need an XBO to fill the PS4's gaps.
Last year was a garbage year for me and my PS4, an XBO would have been amazing (especially if Halo MCC worked) to fill the large gaps last year with stuff like SO, FH2, Halo etc.

Twilord said:
-Ack!- said:

2. Nintendo's vision

I am guessing you don't mean that the way I'd see Nintendo's vision; as in: "Responsible support for a suffering console, with respectful DLC when its it even there, and a belief there is no reason either to charge extra for online or for games to not work day one."

Which raises the question how do you mean it? I know they have alot of issues but many of them aren't so much 'vision' as 'unintentional miscalculations'...

Nintendo's vision in my case means how they manage their consoles, first parties, design, PR etc. Overall what they have done and what they are going to do.
They just nowadays lack these darker games that they used to have back in NES like: Ninja Gaiden, Contra, Castlevania, Rygar, Ikari Warriors, Faxanadu etc.

I am too poor to buy a WiiU
And I own a PC so no reason to buy a Xbone or PS4

Yellow

Around the Network

I don't own a WiiU/XboxOne because of brand loyalty.

I don't care what people, internet videos or guides say, 'X' is go/jump, not A or B

Idon't own a Vita because I don't play handhelds.

Hmm, pie.

I don't own a Xbox One because I really hate the color green. And I don't own a Vita because I like playing games.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

The only console I don't have this gen is X1.

I always get Sony and Nintendo consoles. I had the original Xbox, which I loved, but people I knew had serious problems with RROD for the first couple of years, and then I just never wanted to go back and get one even when those problems had been sorted.

I do plan to get an X1, but not for a while yet. I want to get it and a load of games on the cheap. Right now, it doesn't have enough exclusives or enough variety of exclusives announced.

I own everything except the vita. I was planning to buy one - but since Sony decided that the vita wasn't worth supporting - I decided Sony doesn't deserve my support.

You mean like all consoles ever? I'll start with the 6th Gen and stick with the main competitors, because I didn't have much say in the matter before that and I didn't know the Saturn or the Game Gear even existed in the 5th Gen back then . PS2 will provide the biggest story, and I'll write it in chronological order because that make more sense story-wise;

PS2: Yes, I'm the only person in the world that doesn't have a PS2, I didn't even touch one in real life. Why? Because we had the Dreamcast. Coming from the N64/PS1, the Dreamcast was a monumental leap forward technically and graphically. It's probably the only console we've ever bought because of hype over graphics. Afterwards, what PS2 offered wasn't very special, as it seemed at the time it could only do about the same as the Dreamcast or maybe even worse. Of course we all know how history went, but I still never got PS2 because by now it was considered 'old' and the GameCube and the GameBoy Advance managed to put me off console gaming almost completely and I became a PC gamer for a time.

XBox: Being an unknown brand, there wasn't much incentive to get it in the first place. I played around on my nephew's XBox from time to time, but almost all the exclusive games it had could also be played on PC, which was now my primary system at the time. And what remained certainly wasn't enough.

PSP: Still in my PC age, the PSP offered nothing of value to me. Even the DS didn't, and I stayed clear of console gaming until the DSlite released. To this day, even with being more knowledgable about gaming in general, the PSP still doesn't have a single thing interests me.

XBox 360: When it released, I wasn't convinced yet to return to console gaming, but at least the appeal was slowly starting to return. The chances of getting an XBox 360 was greatly reduced, when Blu-ray became the dominant format. We got a PS3 the next year instead. Having that, it meant a 360 was redundant, because nearly all games would release on both and I was more than content with only PS3's (and Wii's, which cemented my return to console gaming and abandoning PC) exclusives instead.

PSV: The Vita has a similar problem as the PSP, it isn't very appealing to me. Being firmly back in the console gaming-camp, I now actually want to be interested in it, but it isn't happening. It is still winning the battle against PSP though, because instead of none at all, Vita at least has one game I want to play.

PS4: It hasn't has enough exclusives released yet, and frankly the entire 8th Gen aside from 3DS (though that one has passed its peak) is lacking still. It's safe to say I will get this console somewhere down the line.

XBox One: Following the line from PS3/XBox 360, getting an XBox One is of little use to me, because what I want to play will already be on PS4. Besides that, Microsoft have become untrustworthy to me when their secret agenda became revealed (and shot down) at the reveal of the XBox One.