By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Don't You Own [Console You Don't Own]?

What's your favorite colour?

Red 34 17.00%

Orange 9 4.50%

Yellow 7 3.50%

Green 23 11.50%

Blue 62 31.00%

Purple 15 7.50%

Pink 2 1.00%

White 8 4.00%

Black 32 16.00%

Other 8 4.00%

Total:200

I don't own a PS4, One, or Vita because:

a) I'm still 16 so it's tough to buy consoles & games by myself as I don't have a job yet.
b) Those consoles don't have any games that interest me.
c) You have to pay in order to play online.
d) PC+Wii U+3DS is the perfect combo for my gaming needs atm.

Around the Network

Ouya is pretty much the only console i dont own and thats because im simply not interested in it.

What i do have in the current generation is

Xbox One
PS4
WiiU
Vita
3DS
Nvidia Shield
Gaming PC

I have all the current gen consoles so I don't really belong in this conversation.

Very few exclusives I want on Xbox One. Not nearly worth the price of admission yet.

Around the Network

i dont have a x360 or xbone because i dont like casual fps. and paying for mehh online

Xbox One- where do I begin...mainly focus on multiplayer with a lot of less interesting exclusives when it comes to characters and stories. With the OG and the 360 they pretty much give up on their consoles after the first couple years and it becomes a paperweight while Sony typically supports their consoles until the new ones take off. There were all the crappy policies at the beginning of this gen that left a bad taste in my mouth. They still have some crappy policies and business practices. I haven't liked a single one of the head of the Xbox brand. They don't pay their indie devs for as long as they can. They've just really gone down hill since the original Xbox and if the gaming industry dies it will be them leading the way:( Maybe they will get things turned around and start putting out good games like they used to but until then this will be the first Xbox console I dont own.

I really really want to have a PS4, but I just don´t buy it because gaming is very very very expensive in my country.

Unless you´re very rich or you don´t have a family to feed and do not have to pay rent, it´s very hard to follow more than one console here. My family is able to play multiple consoles because I have a WiiU, my nephew has a Xbox360 and my niece has a PS3 and we´re always borrowing/exchanging our consoles when there´s a particular game someone wants to play. Oh, and we´re close neighbors.

The official price of the PS4 is about USD 1.700, while games cost between USD 70-90 (that´s for all consoles) here. This is what prevent me (and lots of brazilians) to have other consoles.

Xbox has almost nothing that interests me exclusive wise and I never notice a difference on the networks. The stuff that does interest me I play at a friends and then I'm done as it doesn't have anything that really wows me into going back. Just kinda fun co-op games like Halo and Gears that are fun for burning away a couple hours but the story and characters are pretty forgettable and I don't feel the desire to go out and buy one because I have no connection to any of the exclusives at an emotional level like Nintendo and Sony give me.

Not saying their games are bad or anything they are what they are.  MS shoots for some fun romps.  I guess if I were to draw a parallel MS is like Fast and Furious it's fun while it lasts and I'll go see it in theaters but I won't buy the blu-ray.  Nintendo is like Pixar not the deepest stories but just really well done and heartfelt.  Sony is like Marvel studios they're just too awesome to pass up much of anything for me.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Because I have not saved up enough money yet for console #2 but I am 1/4 the way there.

Console #3 has yet to be determined when I will save up for it but I no doubt will. I always get all the systems per gen just some of them I get a little late or later because money.