By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Don't You Own [Console You Don't Own]?

What's your favorite colour?

Red 34 17.00%

Orange 9 4.50%

Yellow 7 3.50%

Green 23 11.50%

Blue 62 31.00%

Purple 15 7.50%

Pink 2 1.00%

White 8 4.00%

Black 32 16.00%

Other 8 4.00%

Total:200

Pretty much always too poor and the games I want don't justify the cost, especially when a good 70%+ that I want are also on PC

Around the Network

Take many of the reasons many people in this thread don't own a WiiU and you'll know why I do. The reason I don't own any other consoles this gen is that I don't really have the time, the money, or the interest. When developers like Naughty Dog claim they don't want to make cartoony games any more...you can see where I get off this train.

If ever there's a time that Sony or Microsoft decide to release fun, nostalgic, colorful titles with an emphasis on gameplay and not story, then I may make room in my bank account. Until then, Nintendo and their awesome 3rd Party indie scene is the place for me.

I usually own all consoles.

This gen tho I almost didnt buy anything but a Wiiu because PS4 and XBO seriously lack exclusive content. Bought a PS4 after I got it for 263€. But XBO is still not very interesting because so many games come to PC.

And since a suprisingly big number of japanese games come to PC at the moment I wonder whether I should sell my PS4 or not and then just buy one in 5 years or so.

Don't own:

-Xbox One because there is no point in owning both a PS4 and an X1 when 90% of their games are the same. Plus I greatly prefer Playstation's IP's, and third party games are all far better on Playstation. Plus PS+, Indies, etc etc

-Wii U because it just isn't worth $300 to me. That thing should cost $150 at most, and it still doesn't have enough games for me to get it. A $150 Wii U with a new Paper Mario and SSB would change things.

platformmaster918 said:

Xbox has almost nothing that interests me exclusive wise and I never notice a difference on the networks. The stuff that does interest me I play at a friends and then I'm done as it doesn't have anything that really wows me into going back. Just kinda fun co-op games like Halo and Gears that are fun for burning away a couple hours but the story and characters are pretty forgettable and I don't feel the desire to go out and buy one because I have no connection to any of the exclusives at an emotional level like Nintendo and Sony give me.

Not saying their games are bad or anything they are what they are.  MS shoots for some fun romps.  I guess if I were to draw a parallel MS is like Fast and Furious it's fun while it lasts and I'll go see it in theaters but I won't buy the blu-ray.  Nintendo is like Pixar not the deepest stories but just really well done and heartfelt.  Sony is like Marvel studios they're just too awesome to pass up much of anything for me.

Pretty good analogy actually.

Around the Network

"Because it doesn't have enough games that interest me to justify the price of the console."
Applicable to every console I don't own.

Signature goes here!

PS4: Sales mean nothing to me. There's not enough games that I'd like.
PS Vita: Did not enjoy using the back surface for games when tried. I HATE single screened handhelds...

Xbox One: It's not Christmas yet. But seriously, I like the controller and there's enough games to justify a purchase; Halo5, Tomb Raider, Project Cars, Scalebound, Ori and Forest, Possibly interesting setting in future AC, Ryse and GTA. (don't like subscription service but oh well)

The only system I don't have this gen is the Xbox One, that's because I hated my 360 last generation mainly cause I didn't liked its exclusives and joystick.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Never owned xbox. Mainly sony but occasionally in the past pc and Nintendo. Different reasons in the past but right now I feel the xbox one is a weaker version of the ps4. I also know zero people who game on it so I'd never alienate myself from all my friends.

I only own a Wii U
The reason I do not own a PS4 or Xbox One is not due to favorites. I like both and have owned a PS2 and X360.
I currently just have a lot of games on the Wii U I want whereas there really isn't anything on the other consoles that interest me. I kind of want Final Fantasy 15, but I will need at least 3-4 games that I want before justifying a purchase of the console. As for which one I will get, it depends. PS4 has a better design and isn't super heavy, Xbox I will be able to transfer my Minecraft data and etc. So Idk.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]