By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2K Games: 29 million PS4 and Xbox One Sold Thru EOY

wait didnt MS announce 10M shipped XB1 like the first week of Nov.?

surely they must of burnt through that stock aswell as more in the remaining 2 months after that announcement

Play Me

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:

surely they must of burnt through that stock aswell as more in the remaining 2 months after that announcement

NEARLY 10m Ship.

Nearly can be even 8-9 million.

CosmicSex said:
enrageorange said:

AMD said almost 30mil and clarified that they meant sold. IDG estimates over 29mil. It seems quite possible that the number is in the crossroads between those two numbers. Considering vgchartz numbers are in between 29 and 30 at the moment I can't see how anyone can make an arguement that the console is overtracked or undertracked or whatever. Every guess at that point is just based on a person's personal preference. 

And when we consider that they mention this number is an estimate and they don't even list a margin of error it is even sillier to make random assumptions like around 400k undertracked.

Exceeding 29 million could mean anything from 29.1-29.4 so at the very world, VGC can only be overtracked by about 400k (which is the limit)

Eitherway,  the tracking isn't as bad as it could be after adjustments so thats good. 

Yeah I could see how 400k is the high end. Overall tho thats pretty close on here considering MS has been mum is the word when it come to sold through numbers.

So now we know what AMD meant as almost 30 million sold. The X1 might be overtracked somewhere between 400-500K units.

yep 100k-400k overtracked,mostly on europe probably.

Around the Network

Please read the article before replying, people.
There is no way in hell Xbone is past 10m sold-through. Xbone is at 9m sold-through optimistically. Even Microsoft said that they would only reach 10m shipped "soon", meaning that they would hit that number after the holidays. Estimate around 1m unsold Xbones and you'll get 9m. Realistically, there's probably around 2m Xbones unsold, so the sold-through figure is more like 7-8m.

That 29m figure is an estimate from people like Pachter.

Roronaa_chan said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
So 10.5 mil X1s? Thats about right according to vgchartz and li es up pretty nicely with MS shipped numbers. Just a tad over tracked ~400k

It says exceeds 29M. Which also means it's less than 29.5M. So...let's ballpark it at 29.2M 29.2-18.5 = 10.7M

Anyway who's IDG? International data group?

Not necessarily. We've had an exceeds 29 million and an almost 30 million comment coming from different sources. The only thing we can say for certain is that the general industry consensus is the number is 29.X million. We also know that PS4 is between 18.500001 million and 18.9-ish million.

Best case scenario for Xb one is 29.99 million -18.500001 = 11.49M, worst case for Xb one is 29.01 million - 18.9 million = 10.11M. We are pretty confident that Xb one shipments is 11.9 million. That makes the best case and worst case scenarios unlikely. And it also makes VGC's current LTD reasonably likely. Or at least as close to reality as makes no difference.

I think it's just about time to lay off the speculation of LTD 2014 being under or over. It is more or less close enough that we can pretty much move on to 2015 tracking performance for Xb one.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Not sure how accurate IDG is. They are the ones who predicted that the PS3 would come back strong and win last gen handedly. Sounds to me like they're just going off of AMD's numbers, which is still fine. I'm sure AMD has accurate numbers, which means the XBO is overtracked by ~300K-400K.

Ka-pi96 said:
AlexJones said:

Please read the article before replying, people.
There is no way in hell Xbone is past 10m sold-through. Xbone is at 9m sold-through optimistically. Even Microsoft said that they would only reach 10m shipped "soon", meaning that they would hit that number after the holidays. Estimate around 1m unsold Xbones and you'll get 9m. Realistically, there's probably around 2m Xbones unsold, so the sold-through figure is more like 7-8m.

That 29m figure is an estimate from people like Pachter.

So you think you're personal ideas are more accurate than companies that get paid to come up with these figures?

No. I think that my expert prediction skills are right once again. With PS4 having 1.5m units on shelves (Confirmed by SONY financials for Q3 2014), my prediction that there are 2m Xbones on shelves is correct.

BHR-3 said:

they announced that "soon" they will have shipped 10M.   since we don't know what "soon" means we can't say much.   many people seem to agree that 10M by black friday seemed a reasonable accessment of "soon".