By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly Hardware Chart, 17th January 2015

nice ps4 numbers although xbox one hold very well.

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Insidb said:
thedawghousev2 said:

lol come on now

Dact: If we use use MS' numbers the X1's 2014 sales are overtracked by ~200K on VGC.

In other words, the X1's sales totals for 2015 would have to be 0 units to account for MS's public statements.

Actually VGC's LTD at 3 Jan is not outside the realms of possibility compared to what can only be an estimate of XB one's lifetime shipments. There is enough uncertainty in the system that 10.99 millon is a reasonable LTD. It is sufficiently lower than a reasonable guess at LTD shipments that the number is believable. A higher number is nor really believable, but a lower number, is believable. However there isn't any verifiable evidence to indiacte a lower number is more believable than teh current number.

To assure you that I am not pulling numbers out of thin air (happens quite often on here):

3.08M (2013 VGC estimate) + 
7.68M (2014 MS announcement) + 
0.12M (1/10 Week VGC estimate) = 
10.88M 

Wow, even with the price of the XBone still at $350, the PS4 is winning the US again.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

EU numbers for the Xone seems Way too high.

i don't think it do more than 25K.

Come on vgchartz, you KNOW that ps4 sell more in the europe, even in Uk, fix your algorythm a little.

Insidb said:
binary solo said:
Insidb said:

Dact: If we use use MS' numbers the X1's 2014 sales are overtracked by ~200K on VGC.

In other words, the X1's sales totals for 2015 would have to be 0 units to account for MS's public statements.

Actually VGC's LTD at 3 Jan is not outside the realms of possibility compared to what can only be an estimate of XB one's lifetime shipments. There is enough uncertainty in the system that 10.99 millon is a reasonable LTD. It is sufficiently lower than a reasonable guess at LTD shipments that the number is believable. A higher number is nor really believable, but a lower number, is believable. However there isn't any verifiable evidence to indiacte a lower number is more believable than teh current number.

To assure you that I am not pulling numbers out of thin air (happens quite often on here):

10.88M 

Where does the 7.68M come from? I haven't seen that number before. I thought the only reasonable estimate we had from MS was shipment of ~11.9M LTD as at the end of the December 2014 quarter. And talk has largely been about whether there is more or less or about 1 million Xb ones on shop selves around the world. IIRC MS announced ~ 4 million shipped in 2013. If you add that to 7.68M shipped (which I assume is shipped if it's a MS announcement) puts Xb one shipments at officially over 11 million and very likely more than 11.5M. Less than 0.5 million on shop shelves is unlikely, IMO, just coming out of the holidays, but if the LTD shipments is substantially above 11.5 million at the end of 2014 then current VGC LTD estimates are within reason.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
celador said:
DolPhanTendo said:

Poor Wii U? Last year at the same they were 15-20 thousand behind seems good to me

Wii U is 46k up overall from last year. I wouldn't call it good, but certainly better than nothing

Well I think it is agree to disagree

binary solo said:
Insidb said:
binary solo said:
Insidb said:

10.88M 

Where does the 7.68M come from? I haven't seen that number before. I thought the only reasonable estimate we had from MS was shipment of ~11.9M LTD as at the end of the December 2014 quarter. And talk has largely been about whether there is more or less or about 1 million Xb ones on shop selves around the world. IIRC MS announced ~ 4 million shipped in 2013. If you add that to 7.68M shipped (which I assume is shipped if it's a MS announcement) puts Xb one shipments at officially over 11 million and very likely more than 11.5M. Less than 0.5 million on shop shelves is unlikely, IMO, just coming out of the holidays, but if the LTD shipments is substantially above 11.5 million at the end of 2014 then current VGC LTD estimates are within reason.

MS made an announcement for their 2014 sales; the article was posted last week or the week before. If you give a minute, I can find it for you.

binary solo said:
Insidb said:
thedawghousev2 said:

lol come on now

thedawghousev2 said:
by the way the xbox one is so overtracked

Statements like this add nothing to the discussion. Please at least use some rational arguments for your claim, even if it's just to quote someone else's arguments which support your opinion. Though it's less counterproductive than suggesting people are saying only Xb one is overtracked because they don't like Xb one, when at least for the last couple of weeks of sales data there is some evidence that Xb one might be overtracked, and people have talked extensively about that evidence.

Wii U holding up quite well in the USA. If only Europe would follow suit Wii U could look to have somewhat of an up year, and possibly exceed expectations (including Nintendo's).

do i really have to explain myself everytime

Insidb said:
binary solo said:
Insidb said:

10.88M 

MS made an announcement for their 2014 sales; the article was posted last week or the week before. If you give a minute, I can find it for you.

The only source for 7.68M I can find is VGC's 2014 summary.  http://www.vgchartz.com/article/252934/xbox-one-2014-sales-overview-768m-units-sold-3964m-games-sold/

Every non-VGC article I've located all reference VGC as the source. So I'm not sure how you can use VGC data to claim VGC is over tracking. So basically we're back to an estimate of 11.9M shipped LTD from the horse's mouth (MS), or at least dediuced since the horse mouth only stated combined 360+one shipments. And VGC's 10.99M sell through being a fairly reasonable estimate based on that sort of shipment level.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I can't believe the Xbox 360 outsold the Wii in Japan.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch