By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Sells SOE (Sony Entertainment Online) to Columbus Nova! Going multiplatform (Xbox)

Kresnik said:
Azerth said:

well since they annouced that fable legneds will be cross play it seems like that are

PC/XB cross play isn't the problem.  It's PS/XB cross play that, according to the director of FF XIV, is something Microsoft won't allow.

So they'd either have to decide to have 3 separate communities (PS, PC & XB) or not bother with one of the home consoles and just have one community (PS4/PC or XB/PC).

I still don't understand why MS seem to be so against it... Would be nice to see some Xbox players on FF14.

Also, correct me if i'm wrong (I've only briefly read into it), but aren't their recent cross-play plans for just W10 and X1? That would need to be extended to all Windows versions. Otherwise W10 would be working as a divider rather than a proper connector.

Around the Network

I better not hear anything about Indies being "fluff" on lists after this thread!

Aerys said:
At least now, they will only fund their exclusives

Except for the other games they throw money at and also have PC releases.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

If Sony redistributes the funds to PS4 development, I am 100% for this. Lets be honest those 500-1000 payed employees would be more beneficial if they were working on PS4 exclusives. If they use the money they have saved this could be a great thing. SOE was always at odds with the Playstation brand. They were always a PC developer. It makes since removing your PC developer and increasing your Playstation developers.

Let's be honest. What was SOE last hit console game.... I seriously can't think of any. DConline isn't a Killer App... What does that leave a Peggle port? Untold failure?

Azerth said:
TaMpAbLaCk said:
I doubt games like EverQuest Next would run on an X1 due to the PC/PS community being able to game together unless Xbox changes their tune about that.

well since they annouced that fable legneds will be cross play it seems like that are

Ok they can game with PC players but will they let them game with PlayStation players too?