By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US february monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Puppyroach said:
As I've said many times before: You sell better by bundling than price reducing. MS have done both now and it seems to be paying off. They should offer three different types of bundles each month and the sales would skyrocket.

I highly doubt they would sky rocket.  Maybe increase by 20 or 30 percent. This looks more like a clear the assassin's creed bundles out of stock to make room for a new one 

Around the Network

But so... can XBO be above PS4 the week of The Order released?
Because the week of The Order, is also the week of the XBO bundle...

Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:

Why are you talking about TLOU? Where did I even say MM 3D is the best game ever made lol.

I'm not going to spend 37 hours with an average game.

Read through the conversation and you will see why. I was making a point that length is not the best way to judge a game.  Watch the jimquisition on the subject and you will understand. 

I think I'll decide for myself how I want to judge a game.

Making a 37 hour long game without feeling like a drag is amazing. Not many games can do that for me.

Ryng_Tolu said:

This is only Amazon. So no

Ka-pi96 said:
Conegamer said:
bananaking21 said:
woooo!!

1000'th post!

Was it worth the ban for spam?

There is a ban for 1000th post spam? Really?

*cough*http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7073707*cough*

That post is off topic in so many ways!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

The Order is still in the Top 20. I wonder how long it will stay that high in the rankings.

Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

Read through the conversation and you will see why. I was making a point that length is not the best way to judge a game.  Watch the jimquisition on the subject and you will understand. 

I think I'll decide for myself how I want to judge a game.

Making a 37 hour long game without feeling like a drag is amazing. Not many games can do that for me.

Yeah so it would have made more sense of you said I hope it does well because it's an amazing game.

celador said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

This is only Amazon. So no

Only amazon?

In this case, the boost in don't will be huge as i have expect...

Puppyroach said:
As I've said many times before: You sell better by bundling than price reducing. MS have done both now and it seems to be paying off. They should offer three different types of bundles each month and the sales would skyrocket.

But at what cost?  Look at what this picture is actually showing us.  Even with a $50-$55 price advantage, with 2 free games, the XBO sales were still lower than the PS4's.  What Amazon is showing is now that the initial demand of a $349 XBO has died down incredibly, it will take 3 free games, plus a free 2nd controller, to finally start outselling the PS4.  And for all we know it may not even be by much.  Do you think the top brass at MS, or investors, are going to be okay with that kind of loss, just to increase sales by ~20%, maybe 30%, in a couple of regions?

Kerotan said:
Puppyroach said:

I highly doubt they would sky rocket.  Maybe increase by 20 or 30 percent. This looks more like a clear the assassin's creed bundles out of stock to make room for a new one 

IMO the best value in the value bundle is the free controller. That is its best selling point IMO, and it's not likely that free controller give away bundles will become a standard thing. It's more likely that a 2 controller bundle will be $375, which of course won't sell quite so gangbustery as this value bundle.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix