By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US february monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

The Order 1886 #10
PS4 #11
XB1 #24

Around the Network

For the last couple days I was growing more hopeful that the Order will review decently at least, but with the whole shit that has been happening in the last couple hours that hope has dropped again, reviewers will criticize this a lot and word of mouth might be mixed as well.

I think the Order will have a strong first week but its legs might be cut short, I just hope that they still get to make a sequel in which they can incorporate everything they've learned from this and make it better, cause the basic idea of this game is great.

DerNebel said:
For the last couple days I was growing more hopeful that the Order will review decently at least, but with the whole shit that has been happening in the last couple hours that hope has dropped again, reviewers will criticize this a lot and word of mouth might be mixed as well.

I think the Order will have a strong first week but its legs might be cut short, I just hope that they still get to make a sequel in which they can incorporate everything they've learned from this and make it better, cause the basic idea of this game is great.

whats been going on? 

bananaking21 said:

whats been going on? 

Trolls. And spoilers.

bananaking21 said:
DerNebel said:

whats been going on? 

Some guy has started uploading the whole game to Youtube and it's 5.5 hours long (or his playthrough is at the very least) even if he rushed through the game without looking for collectables and stuff that is still not too long, also we can probably assume that reviewers are going to do the same so that will surely have a negative effect on reviews. Aside from that he also started the whole "it's more cutscenes than gameplay" stuff again, which has since also been picked up by some users on Gaf with one saying he's 4 hours into the game and it has been "80% cutscenes until now", also some people say that they didn't like the ending.

A whole lot of trash talking and shitting on the game has started again on Gaf.

I have not watched the youtube playthrough but I have checked the video length, the dude has uploaded the game one video per chapter and there are 7 videos at the moment that are less than 10 minutes long (and a couple that are barely over 10 minutes) if that is true then that seems like pretty poor design, but I'm trying to keep an open mind and not be swepped away to one of the sides too much.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
bananaking21 said:
DerNebel said:

whats been going on? 

Some guy has started uploading the whole game to Youtube and it's 5.5 hours long (or his playthrough is at the very least) even if he rushed through the game without looking for collectables and stuff that is still not too long, also we can probably assume that reviewers are going to do the same so that will surely have a negative effect on reviews. Aside from that he also started the whole "it's more cutscenes than gameplay" stuff again, which has since also been picked up by some users on Gaf with one saying he's 4 hours into the game and it has been "80% cutscenes until now", also some people say that they didn't like the ending.

I have not watched the youtube playthrough but I have checked the video length, the dude has uploaded the game one video per chapter and there are 7 videos at the moment that are less than 10 minutes long (and a couple that are barely over 10 minutes) if that is true then that seems like pretty poor design, but I'm trying to keep an open mind and not be swepped away to one of the sides too much.

any of that spoilers for the game? 

bananaking21 said:
DerNebel said:
bananaking21 said:
DerNebel said:

whats been going on? 

any of that spoilers for the game? 

Not for the story of it, just its length. I figured some people wouldn't want to see this.

It's been clear The Order isn't going to review well for months. Getting hopes up for a decent score is pointless. I'm still predicting a sub-70 meta.

celador said:
It's been clear The Order isn't going to review well for months. Getting hopes up for a decent score is pointless. I'm still predicting a sub-70 meta.

With decently I meant like 75ish meta, if it goes below 70 then some people on the net are going to have a field day with this same if it goes above 80, if it stays around 75 it should stay rather quiet.

DerNebel said:
celador said:

With decently I meant like 75ish meta, if it goes below 70 then some people on the net are going to have a field day with this same if it goes above 80, if it stays around 75 it should stay rather quiet.

I think it has to be above 80 to stop the trolls. LBP3 is a mediocre game with a 79 meta after all.