By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pewdiepie Complains against Nintendo Youtube Policy

Ali_16x said:
Redgrave said:

"If you say good things about Nintendo we will give you 100% of the ad revenue, wow."

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8437345024/h53E11E9B

Don't kid yourself, it's always about money with Youtubers.

I don't get it? Can you not read? He doesn't play Nintendo games so this plan doesn't effect him, he's just saying what he thinks about the plan. Now for other youtubers it is about the money because for some Youtubers it is their JOB. 

Also, I don't get what the picture has to do with what I said? He was playing a game and he enjoyed it. Was that wrong of him to enjoy playing a game? They took that quote out of him playing a game for the first time. I've seen 100s of videos of people playing games for the first time and say that they enjoyed it. It was his first impression of the game and he enjoyed it, ooooo.

It also seems like you don't understand what Nintendos plan says. There is an option available where you can get 100% of the revenue(of course youtube takes its cut first) but ONLY if Nintendo approves the video. So basically if you don't say good things about Nintendos videos then they will not extempt the video and you will not get the 100% revenue. So some people will only say good things about Nintendo videos so they get the 100%. 

So Nintendo is willing to pay for people to say nice things about their products (i.e. advertising)?  Curse them and their evil ways.  How dare a company pay for advertising.

As long they have something that lets you know the video was approved by Nintendo, I see nothing wrong with this.

Around the Network

Jclock
youtube is the network and they already take that profit.
Should a garden owner take profits from a youtube video i made wherein i enjoyed the garden?
Ghost hunter shows used hotels and inns for a majority of their content.
these places LOVED when they would come by and "lets play" them.
They have drummers up so much interest for these types of places.

Should these places get a share of advertising revenue?

JWeinCom said:
Ali_16x said:

I don't get it? Can you not read? He doesn't play Nintendo games so this plan doesn't effect him, he's just saying what he thinks about the plan. Now for other youtubers it is about the money because for some Youtubers it is their JOB. 

Also, I don't get what the picture has to do with what I said? He was playing a game and he enjoyed it. Was that wrong of him to enjoy playing a game? They took that quote out of him playing a game for the first time. I've seen 100s of videos of people playing games for the first time and say that they enjoyed it. It was his first impression of the game and he enjoyed it, ooooo.

It also seems like you don't understand what Nintendos plan says. There is an option available where you can get 100% of the revenue(of course youtube takes its cut first) but ONLY if Nintendo approves the video. So basically if you don't say good things about Nintendos videos then they will not extempt the video and you will not get the 100% revenue. So some people will only say good things about Nintendo videos so they get the 100%. 

So Nintendo is willing to pay for people to say nice things about their products (i.e. advertising)?  Curse them and their evil ways.  How dare a company pay for advertising.

As long they have something that lets you know the video was approved by Nintendo, I see nothing wrong with this.

I also don't think Nintendo is actually going to go out of their way to block people who say negative things about them. 

sc94597 said:
theprof00 said:
Itt: people who dont get that lets play is a community of thousands with hundreds of millions of hits a year.

Stop focusing on pewdiepie.

And the overwhelming majority don't do it as a business. They do it for fun. We are focusing on the subset of let's players who make it their main source of income. PewDiePie just so happens to be one of a small group of said let's players. 

For fun? What most gaming youtubers are trying to do is get big enough where Youtube is their source of income. I don't know any Youtubers that don't have any ads on their videos. Please show me "big" youtubers that don't have ads on their videos. This plan only affects people that make Youtube videos with Nintendo games and in which they get ad revenue. Lol, if you think a majority of gaming youtubers don't do this as a buisness. They can turn off ads on their videos if they want too.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

@sc
I used to paint warhammer figures.
it was a hobby, not a profession.
if it it came to the chance, I would have accepted that profession.
I still made profit on them.
And if games workshop had called me and said they wanted Hal my profits, I would have simply switched to a different model series because there are plenty of them.

Around the Network

How have this thread become a Nintendo hate thing???

And If Let's play is so good as advertisement, how come that there being several LP based solely in Nintendo haven't proped their sales even though their 1st party sells very good?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

MDMAlliance said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Youtubers don't get paid by companies. They are doing the same job that the other sites are doing, but they are getting paid via ad revenue. If people watch their reviews to make a decision on a game its free advertisement (As Pewdiepie said). They are getting paid by other people via ads on their page due to their popularity;however, advertisment is also propaganda, bringing or explaining a product to a person through media. The media they are using are primarily internet vlogs which are the in thing now. 

As for companies paying for good reviews, I'm sure they've found a way around the lack of professionalism pertaining to that. I've heard of them inviting reviewers to lavish parties before too because they aren't supposed to be paying them.

Except reviews are not advertisement.  Just because someone bought a game because of a review doesn't make it suddenly advertisement.  

Here's a definition that explains pretty well why a review is not advertisement:

Advertising

Definition: To call the public's attention to your business, usually for the purpose of selling products or services, through the use of various forms of media, such as print or broadcast notices

A review is NOT created for the purpose of selling the product, but to inform the consumer on IF they should.

Reviews are arbitrary. It can effect the individuals choice when it comes to a sale no different that word of mouth (which is free advertising in itself). People watch reviewers because they trust or are entertained by their viewpoint and thus take into consideration what they say when they make decisions. This is the same for wine conisseurs or movie critics. 

Reviews, previews, lets plays...its all exposure for products dude. If companies deny this they are missing something. If you think wereoy are coming from has no area of effect, you give little credit to the booming new media source that is Youtube. Youtube has made stars in music, dance, videogames, etc and more.

Hell pro gamer Swoozie was even given free copies of DOA to give to his Youtube following since he's so popular by tecmo last gen. There is an effect. 

I know the definition and the definition you gave in bold is exactly what Youtubers are doing.

@Ferrari
because ps4 and xb1 lets plays are as easy as pressing the share button.
both systems are fully pushing streaming and sharing and lets plays. Nintendo hoe the opposite direction.
sales are coincidental?

DonFerrari said:

And If Let's play is so good as advertisement, how come that there being several LP based solely in Nintendo haven't proped their sales even though their 1st party sells very good?

Nintendo is out of touch. Even Micorosft and Sony are starting to understand that they need to keep gamers connected to Youtube and websites sporting Gametrailers, IGN. The Xbox even has an app for Smosh and smosh uses clips from Microsoft all the time. 

DonFerrari said:

Because Youtubers have stopped making Nintendo videos because they were getting $0 for their videos. Why the hell would they be making Nintendo videos if they weren't getting money? They started making non Nintendo gameplay videos. Youtube has become a source of income for these youtubers, are they trying to become homeless by making Nintendo videos?

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"