By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Rising 2 teased for PS4 at Taipei Game Show

Chazore said:

I'd already said this before to someone who had mentioned TR, going by the list on the wiki page, TR the franchise has been on:

Dreamcast, Game Boy Advance, iOS, Macintosh, Mac OS X, MS-DOS, Microsoft Windows, Mobile phone, N-Gage 2.0, GameCube, Nintendo DS, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Portable, Sega Saturn, Wii, Windows Mobile, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One

It's been on multiple platforms for years, you might say "yeah well I see more Sony in there than MS", but you see there's far more other platforms out there than all of SOny's within that list which is that of 6 vs 17, the franchise wasn't completely always Sony only, nor did they own them, sure some of the fanbase has been on some Sony systems but it;s also been over those other 17 non Sony systems, I;m pretty sure they matter as well as Sony.

Now I look at the MG franchise in general and it;s now become more widespread and more multiplat, first two games weren't even on a Sony system, the new few were and then handhelds/mobile happened and eventually other platforms and PC, the MG franchise has moved away from Sony and become more open.

The following of MG games in general I;d say outweighs that or TR's fanbase, especially since we had square posting numbers of dissatisfaction of TR not selling what they originally wanted from us compared to Konami who didn't bitch and complain about sales, they even had platinum stretch out for the first time to PC which proved a great success and further entrenched MG into the PC space with GZ and eventually PP, to have MGR 2 be soley exclusive to the PS4 would be a proper kick in the teeth more than TR would, the newly tapped PC market doesn't take that kind of crap as well as console folk would, the goodwill and money spent from that side can just as easily close up and be spent elsewhere and that would be Sony/Konami's fault.

That and being the better man seems to have died for certain if this is how we're to go about it, Sony getting MGR 2 and MS TR, buying back and forth to split up and anger the fan bases while each side is no better than the other, square/ms is no better but Sony/konami won't be either if they pull the same stunt.

The Metal Gear franchise started on Microsoft and Nintendo and then moved to Sony, then went back to Mult-plat.  So, it's existed on a ton of different platforms as well.  Beyond that, sales tell us that the majority of TR's fanbase is on Playstation.  All other factors are irrelevant.  If you're going to complain about one being (possibly) exclusive, the other is just as relevant.

To put this in perspective, the top 12 slots for sales of MG games, belong to playstation hardware

Tomb Raider isn't quite as definitive, but still pretty telling.  PS owns the top 5 slots (with TR 2013 coming in 5th), and 7 of the top 10 being PS hardware. (2 of those 3 non-PS hardware, are in fact PC, the 3rd being the 360 vers of TR 2013).

I'm not saying any company is better than the other, but we can't complain about one, while not including other instances of money-hatting throughout the industry.   Being the 'better' man is irrelevant in the competitive console market (well, it was competitive).

MohammadBadir said:
Please come to PC .-.

Wouldn't be worried, allot of Sony's 3rd party console exclusive seem to go to PC as well,  and even some of the 1st and 2nd party titles as well.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:

The Metal Gear franchise started on Nintendo and then moved to Sony, then went Multi-plat.

Funnily enough, the Metal Gear franchised started on Microsoft.

Wright said:
mornelithe said:

The Metal Gear franchise started on Nintendo and then moved to Sony, then went Multi-plat.

Funnily enough, the Metal Gear franchised started on Microsoft.

Ahh yeah, the MSX2, but it was ported to the original Nintendo, my bad, I'll update that

@Chazore this is Metal gear rising, not Metal gear solid.

Roronaa_chan said:
@Chazore this is Metal gear rising, not Metal gear solid.

I know, I was talking of both MG (first two old games) and MGR beforehand.

Besides afaik GZ and PP are going to PC as well as PS4/XB1, I'd imagine MGR 2 doing the same to all 3.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Awesome, i hope kojima makes this and like a stealth game this times.

Have you played it? Because there is stealth in Rising. Its just not the focus.

Metroid33slayer said:
Nem said:

I stand pleased.

Dunno about Acid, but you are missing out with Rising. Its an amazingly fun game.

No doubt that it's a good game but it's shorter than verne troyer.

I thought it lasted long enough not to overstay its welcome. Theres replay value on it aswell... if not for the fun only.

Hmmm mixed feelings about this as the first game was decent with a crappy plot...not like im complaining as i will gladly play it but maybe not day one.

Just hope the games arent canon. 

shinsa said:

Hmmm mixed feelings about this as the first game was decent with a crappy plot...not like im complaining as i will gladly play it but maybe not day one.

Just hope the games arent canon. 

It's like a pseudo-sequel to MGS4. The first script was changed when Kojima and friends understood what PG was aiming for. 

.- -... -.-. -..

DialgaMarine said:

God, I hope so. So many people were playing up Tomb Raider's timed exclusitivity, and then SFV came and slapped those same people in the mouth. This would basically be like punching them in the balls.

Seems to me that you care more about getting the MS fanbase upset than the game itself.

Wright said:
Ruler said:

Why that? Have you seen the original trailer and played the game made by platinum? 

That doesn't really mean anything. Have you seen the original trailer for Resident Evil 4, and the one Capcom ended up doing? The later is the loved one.

A lot resident evil fans think different