By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Rising 2 teased for PS4 at Taipei Game Show

Ruler said:
Wright said:

That doesn't really mean anything. Have you seen the original trailer for Resident Evil 4, and the one Capcom ended up doing? The later is the loved one.

A lot resident evil fans think different

No; Resident Evil 4 is widely-regarded as one of, if not the best Resident Evil game.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Ruler said:

A lot resident evil fans think different

No; Resident Evil 4 is widely-regarded as one of, if not the best Resident Evil game.

Its hard to argue if most people didnt play this cancelled project but quite a lot of people who waited at that time for this game who got a gamecube were pissed off when resident 4 came out for ps2. It should have been a gamecube exklusive and this beta resi 4 was the one who really tried to utilize the hardware from nintendos console.

Ruler said:
Wright said:

Its hard to argue if most people didnt play this cancelled project but quite a lot of people who waited at that time for this game who got a gamecube were pissed off when resident 4 came out for ps2. It should have been a gamecube exklusive and this beta resi 4 was the one who really tried to utilize the hardware from nintendos console.

It works the same way here; it's hard to argue when most people didn't play Konami's version of Metal Gear Rising. Sure, people were pissed of the change, just like people didn't like Resident evil 4 going to Ps2; but at the end, people like the final product, not the "what could have been" thing that no one got to play.

This isnt a megaton, but it will be a great rival for Scalebound and Bayonetta.

PieToast said:
shinsa said:

Hmmm mixed feelings about this as the first game was decent with a crappy plot...not like im complaining as i will gladly play it but maybe not day one.

Just hope the games arent canon. 

It's like a pseudo-sequel to MGS4. The first script was changed when Kojima and friends understood what PG was aiming for. 

Platinum are not known for being the best at stories. Theres no need to rationalize it. This is why Microsoft is taking over certain duties for scalebound.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
PieToast said:

It's like a pseudo-sequel to MGS4. The first script was changed when Kojima and friends understood what PG was aiming for. 

Platinum are not known for being the best at stories. Theres no need to rationalize it. This is why Microsoft is taking over certain duties for scalebound.

Honestly, I find the happy-go-lucky stories Platinum Games come up with amusing. Like the one in Vanquish.

damn Kojima has done it again :)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Wright said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Honestly, I find the happy-go-lucky stories Platinum Games come up with amusing. Like the one in Vanquish.

That makes sense while in the moment, because it goes back to old school arcade storylines in the 90's. I really forgot about the main character though. The plot delivery was coo coo for coco puffs (LOL). Love their gameplay though. Sucks that it didnt sell that well.

Wright said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The campy self aware story in rising was surprisingly fun, and this is coming from a person who has been replaying the whole franchise almost every year. The subtle "meme" theme in MGS2 comes in full force it's almost a parody and I don't think that any studio could have pulled it off like Platinum did.

Can't imagine what would have happened if Metal Gear got the Silent Hill treatment from a western developer... *shivers*

.- -... -.-. -..

Ruler said:
Tbone said:

God no. There is already a game called Metal gear solid.

On topic. Please let this be true. Will be one of the reasons i buy a ps4. The original is one of my favorite games last gen.

Why that? Have you seen the original trailer and played the game made by platinum? 

Yes ive played the game. And i love it. Hence why i said one my favorite games last gen.