By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fatal Frame V Localization

Boberkun said:
curl-6 said:
Boberkun said:

I did not go into details but heard that game content some lesby and incest scenes.

>A translation is already in the works.

Glad to hear that.

Well, that's nothing new to the series, as veterans will know

Which game you mean? I played only 2,4 and Spirit Camera.

It's in 4 but it's implied, not explicit. If you read the notes and put the pieces together yourself, its strongly suggested that Ayako (the girl who loves causing pain) was the child of Yu and Sakura Haibara, who are brother and sister.

Around the Network

Ok, maybe I not noticed that.

Boberkun said:
Ok, maybe I not noticed that.

I didn't either on my first playthrough. Like I say, its implied, not openly declared or shown.

Cloudman said:

What?! You didn`t like it?? The Fatal Frame games were so excellent! They were really great horror games and one of my all time fav series! What don`t you like about it? And which no. did you play?

The first game.  It's no surprise though - I don't like horror games!  I periodically try some of the ones that receive high praise (Resident Evil 2 & Silent Hill on PS1; Fatal Frame & Forbidden Siren on PS2) but they don't change my mind.

Only horror-ish games I've remotely enjoyed were Gregory Horror Show and (currently) Corpse Party, and those are for different reasons.

I'm all for getting a niche game localized that other people will enjoy though.

spemanig said:

I'll sign it, but there's absolutely no way a game that sold this bad is getting localized.

Games that sold much worse than this get localized by NISA and the like all the time.  In fact, if it were Tecmo Koei were handling it themselves, I'd imagine it'd come (they've been bringing things like Deception IV across, for example).

But for Nintendo, might not be enough.  I dunno!

DevilRising said:
There's really no reason for them not to. Then again, there was no good reason for them not to localize FFIV either, except that it apparently had some wonky controls.

It's not the controls. You couldn't complete the ghostlist in FFIV and because of this the festival-lens wasn't unlockable.

Also I managed it to lock myself into a room without a way out. I had to reboot the Wii and load the last savegame and avoided to enter the room a second time.

Maybe there were even more bugs, which I haven't found. The Game was definetly not the usual Nintendo Quality. I can understand why Nintendo didn't localize it elsewhere. (However I can't understand why the FFII remake wasn't released in the states ...)

Around the Network
hentai_11 said:
DevilRising said:
There's really no reason for them not to. Then again, there was no good reason for them not to localize FFIV either, except that it apparently had some wonky controls.

It's not the controls. You couldn't complete the ghostlist in FFIV and because of this the festival-lens wasn't unlockable.

Also I managed it to lock myself into a room without a way out. I had to reboot the Wii and load the last savegame and avoided to enter the room a second time.

Maybe there were even more bugs, which I haven't found. The Game was definetly not the usual Nintendo Quality. I can understand why Nintendo didn't localize it elsewhere. (However I can't understand why the FFII remake wasn't released in the states ...)

From what I gather, FF4 was a result of nobody taking responsibility; Nintendo wanted Tecmo/Grasshopper to fix the glitches, they said not our problem, so nobody fixed it, and it was deemed unsuitable for release in the West.

As for FF2 Wii not coming to NA, that was just NoA being their normal moronic selves.

signed...

but I think it will anyway
there are not many games for WiiU around

Switch!!!

Signed :)

Hope to know some at next direct.

Kresnik said:

The first game.  It's no surprise though - I don't like horror games!  I periodically try some of the ones that receive high praise (Resident Evil 2 & Silent Hill on PS1; Fatal Frame & Forbidden Siren on PS2) but they don't change my mind.

Only horror-ish games I've remotely enjoyed were Gregory Horror Show and (currently) Corpse Party, and those are for different reasons.

I'm all for getting a niche game localized that other people will enjoy though.

Thanks for the response. I was really wonderin' : )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I'm losing hope about this localization really. I don't think it's going to happen anymore.

In a way, the series becoming Nintendo exclusive was the worst thing that could happen for western fans. At least all PS2 games got translated.