By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bloomberg: Nintendo’s Outlook Disappoints and Mario Can’t Save Wii U (Stock down 8.7%)

RolStoppable said:
chocoloco said:

Good for you. We are basically are polar opposites in regards to gaming opinions. So good for you. I basically never agree with your viewpoint.

Exactly. So what do you think it means when I am not opposed to the section you quoted?

The world is about to end.

That you are not completely against Nintendo making games on other platforms? I really do not know how to answer you in a form that is not a question. 

Around the Network
haqqaton said:
SjOne said:

Nintendo consoles always sell worse than their predecessor. Wii is the only exception and that's because of a lightning in a bottle moment that can't be replicated.

Logically speaking, it makes no sense at all. Why that success can't be replicated?

It makes sense because Nintendo has always been a traditional business that is slow to adapt to current modern trends that would make it the top dog. I really don't see how they'd increase sales next gen when they already have a tough time doing it now. The increased brand loyalty of PlayStation and Xbox will make it even more difficult in the next gen.

haqqaton said:
SjOne said:

Nintendo consoles always sell worse than their predecessor. Wii is the only exception and that's because of a lightning in a bottle moment that can't be replicated.

Logically speaking, it makes no sense at all. Why that success can't be replicated?

because he does not have a clue about the topic lol

34 years playing games.

SjOne said:

It makes sense because Nintendo has always been a traditional business that is slow to adapt to current modern trends that would make it the top dog. I really don't see how they'd increase sales next gen when they already have a tough time doing it now. The increased brand loyalty of PlayStation and Xbox will make it even more difficult in the next gen.

Now you could be right. Although it's a hard mission for them, it's not impossible so it can be done. =)

Sh1nn said:
NTDOY down 5% (falls to new 52 week low)

https://www.google.com/finance?q=NTDOY

NTDOY now worth less than EA or Activision
  • Nintendo Market Cap = 1,591,651.22 million Yen
  • Sony Market Cap = 3,212,530.72 million Yen

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/6758:JP + http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/7974:JP

So Sony is now "worth" double of Nintendo... wasn't there a tie one year ago many Nintendo sites boasted about?

Around the Network

these were the same bloomberg people falling over themselves predicting record-setting holiday sales for nintendo because of amiibo and smash. they are not to be taken seriously, ever. because they simply don't understand the biz, i'm sorry. they think nintendo will save itself by making mobile ports of its old games.

RolStoppable said:
chocoloco said:

The world is about to end.

That you are not completely against Nintendo making games on other platforms? I really do not know how to answer you in a form that is not a question. 

It means that what you quoted does not mean what you thought it means. The Bloomberg article is poorly formated, so the final paragraph of the "No Smartphones" section slipped below the "Amiibo Figurines" headline. Go check it out.

I did not assume for a second that  Nintendo was planning on bringing their old games to mobile and other smart platforms. 

Teriol said:
haqqaton said:
SjOne said:

because he does not have a clue about the topic lol

I don't have a clue that the mobile market makes repeating another Wii success impossible? The fact its sales died off when Kinect and Move launched is more proof that it can't be replicated

haqqaton said:
SjOne said:

Now you could be right. Although it's a hard mission for them, it's not impossible so it can be done. =)

If the almighty SNES couldn't outsell its predecessor, what makes you think Nintendo's next console has a chance of breaking the trend

Pretty damning report. Hopefully people stop labelling the many realists on this site as doom mongers. Our doubts are backed up by fact.