By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bloomberg: Nintendo’s Outlook Disappoints and Mario Can’t Save Wii U (Stock down 8.7%)

3DS sales were not as good as expected. And Wii U is still Wii U.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

People made it seem like SSBU and MK8 alone would have a massive turnaround, but Wii U didn't even pass 10 million in two years . I'd hate to see how the next Nintendo console performs

SjOne said:
People made it seem like SSBU and MK8 alone would have a massive turnaround, but Wii U didn't even pass 10 million in two years . I'd hate to see how the next Nintendo console performs

It could be just as slow or much better, it just depends in when they release it and what kind of console it is

I read this article the other day. It really does a good job to explain the negative outlook on Nintendo's future.

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/01/27/nintendo-earnings-what-to-watch-7/

Sh1nn said:

Nintendo has resisted putting its games on smartphones so that it can use iconic brands such as Mario and Zelda to drive sales of its own machines and software.

The company is considering various options for mobile devices, Iwata said in Osaka yesterday without providing specifics.

Best news I heard from Nintendo in years. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
chocoloco said:

Best news I heard from Nintendo in years. 

I am glad you agree.

Nintendo is fine. They are a far cry from where they were a few years ago. It's like ehen Nintendo isn't selling 50million consoles a year, they're the subject of doom. Nobody wants to mention the Vita even though they aren't trying but at least 3DS is trying. No, it's not the DS but it sure ain't the virtual boy. Doom posts are getting so old. They made money, move on. I understand that investors are shakey on sales but come on, 50 million consoles is nothing to abandon.

RolStoppable said:
chocoloco said:

I am glad you agree.

I am laughing at you.

Good for you. We are basically are polar opposites in regards to gaming opinions. So good for you. I basically never agree with your viewpoint.

Johnw1104 said:
SjOne said:

It could be just as slow or much better, it just depends in when they release it and what kind of console it is

Nintendo consoles always sell worse than their predecessor. Wii is the only exception and that's because of a lightning in a bottle moment that can't be replicated.

SjOne said:

Nintendo consoles always sell worse than their predecessor. Wii is the only exception and that's because of a lightning in a bottle moment that can't be replicated.

Logically speaking, it makes no sense at all. Why that success can't be replicated?