By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - will xbox one double wii u by June 2016.

yes

no 132 100.00%

Total:132
theprof00 said:

Basics:
First six months of 2016, xb1 is easily capable of outselling by 50%. This past year was more than 1.7m to less than 1m
in the first 6 months.

So the question really is whether it can hit double wiiU numbers by year end +margin of a few hundred thousand units.
I don't see MS selling more than 12m this year (50% increase)...in fact I don't think they even have the production ability to sell that many.
But I also don't see wiiU selling less than 3m (25% decrease)
This would bring the totals to 23m vs 11.8

In the end though, the sign really is whether wiiU will have a price drop or not. Because with or without price drop on MS side, xb1 selling 12m is very doubtful...on top of which I don't think any console has ever increased by 50% in the second full year.

EDIT: So, this question really boils down to a question about whether wiiU will have a price drop or not. All the double sales talk is just filler. The bet will be over when Nintendo announces a price drop, probably coinciding with new handheld hardware announcement at e3, with presumably, the ability to interact with the wiiU.

Just to add to your post, it's rumoured nintendo are still sell at a loss so a price drop might not even happen. 

Around the Network
aLkaLiNE said:
Welfare said:

Thought I hit 2. Oh well, still. 2012, 2013, 2014.

Zelda does not anymore. Skyward Sword didn't, Twilight Princess didn't, and Windwaker HD was bundled. Any game bundled in would raise hardware sales. Starfox does not sell hardware and will not sell hardware as the last home console release was Assault back in 2005, and the last handheld game didn't even raise hardware sales for the 3DS. Metroid Other M tarnished the brand and didn't move units.

Wii U will be down YOY. It's even down YOY in shipments! Q3 FY 2014 (Oct-Dec 2013) shipped 1.95m Wii U's, and Q3 FY 2015 (Oct-Dec 2014) shipped 1.91m Wii U's!

MK and Smash sold systems when they were released. They will sell to exsisting owners, but their impact on hardware wore off weeks after their launch. Remember Mario Kart 8 and how that "sold" Wii U's weeks after launch? You don't? Oh yeah, because that didn't happen.

Way to completely ignore my previous response that showed how much of your claims are pulled from thin air.  Zelda not a system seller? How about the fact that Skyward Sword sold 1 million units in 3 days and coincided with a ~122% hardware increase for that week for the Wii? This was followed by a ~%35 drop the week after.  So please enlighten us, how does Zelda not move units.  In fact I bet if I looked up launch data on Twilight Princess we would see a similar trend, but once again this is work that YOU already should've done before making such statements.  

EDIT - Wait wait wait. So I did look up Twilight Princess and it was a LAUNCH TITLE. As in, It released the same exact day the Wii launched in North America.  How in the hell can you say it didn't move units? How can you even prove that?  In fact it'd be easier to infer that the opposite is true and that a major part of the Wiis success is attributed to this single game, the first major Nintendo IP to use motion control.

You think Skyward Sword cuased that huge bump for the Wii? You do know Black Friday was that week right? And that 35% drop would be thanks to Black Friday being the week before.

I enlightend you. Holiday week caused that bump, not Zelda

And you are just trolling if you say Twilight Princess was a major part of the Wii's success when, oh I don't know, there is something called WII SPORTS that was bundled with the console . Also Twilight Princess is useless in that case because it launched on the Gamecube too.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Welfare said:
aLkaLiNE said:
Welfare said:

Thought I hit 2. Oh well, still. 2012, 2013, 2014.

Zelda does not anymore. Skyward Sword didn't, Twilight Princess didn't, and Windwaker HD was bundled. Any game bundled in would raise hardware sales. Starfox does not sell hardware and will not sell hardware as the last home console release was Assault back in 2005, and the last handheld game didn't even raise hardware sales for the 3DS. Metroid Other M tarnished the brand and didn't move units.

Wii U will be down YOY. It's even down YOY in shipments! Q3 FY 2014 (Oct-Dec 2013) shipped 1.95m Wii U's, and Q3 FY 2015 (Oct-Dec 2014) shipped 1.91m Wii U's!

MK and Smash sold systems when they were released. They will sell to exsisting owners, but their impact on hardware wore off weeks after their launch. Remember Mario Kart 8 and how that "sold" Wii U's weeks after launch? You don't? Oh yeah, because that didn't happen.

Way to completely ignore my previous response that showed how much of your claims are pulled from thin air.  Zelda not a system seller? How about the fact that Skyward Sword sold 1 million units in 3 days and coincided with a ~122% hardware increase for that week for the Wii? This was followed by a ~%35 drop the week after.  So please enlighten us, how does Zelda not move units.  In fact I bet if I looked up launch data on Twilight Princess we would see a similar trend, but once again this is work that YOU already should've done before making such statements.  

EDIT - Wait wait wait. So I did look up Twilight Princess and it was a LAUNCH TITLE. As in, It released the same exact day the Wii launched in North America.  How in the hell can you say it didn't move units? How can you even prove that?  In fact it'd be easier to infer that the opposite is true and that a major part of the Wiis success is attributed to this single game, the first major Nintendo IP to use motion control.

You think Skyward Sword cuased that huge bump for the Wii? You do know Black Friday was that week right? And that 35% drop would be thanks to Black Friday being the week before.

I enlightend you. Holiday week caused that bump, not Zelda

And you are just trolling if you say Twilight Princess was a major part of the Wii's success when, oh I don't know, there is something called WII SPORTS that was bundled with the console . Also Twilight Princess is useless in that case because it launched on the Gamecube too.

Good points. I'm pretty certain that smash and kart are much bigger than zelda. Nintendo might release some great games this year but I believe they are far weaker this year compared to last year in terms of shifting consoles. I can't wait for January npd so we can get an accurate idea of new year baselines.