By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - will xbox one double wii u by June 2016.

yes

no 132 100.00%

Total:132

So many fanboys in here lol. Of course it can´t

User was moderated for this post

-Dallinor

Around the Network

I just don't see it having the legs of X1, so yes.

Welfare said:

Week ending March 19, 2016.

At 3:27PM lol.

aLkaLiNE said:
darkenergy said:

Did you forget about Quantum Break,Phantom Dust,Scalebound,Crackdown,Rare IP's,third party support?

Not at all. None of those are system sellers in my honest opinion and they certainly can't hold a candle to the well established strong franchises owned by the big N. Anyone who knows about the games you listed would have to be well educated in the gaming world, which also means they'd know that third party games play better elsewhere. If you're buying cross plat third party most want to get that either A) where their friends are or B) where it plays best.  A and B are both on a single platform worldwide.

Welfare said:

Wait wait wait. Did you just say Halo, a +10 million seller franchise, is not a system seller, but something that isn't Mario or Smash from Nintendo is?

Show me where I said that. Please. Reading comprehension? In fact if you had gone back one page you'd see my previous post mentioning the only major IP xbox has this year is going to be Halo. Here, lemme help you out

aLkaLiNE said:
No. Let's bet on it. WiiU has a killer lineup this year and with the next gen Zelda coming along with a new Star Fox, the success of Amiibo and the possibility of a new Metroid I expect sales to increase yoy for the little U. Xbox has... Halo. And a Gears of War HD collection. I don't see much in the lineup this year that will seriously push hardware especially when its direct competition has been dominating despite a lot of similarity.

As for this, "            

That's why the Wii U with absolutly crap 3rd party support and a low amount of first party titles still hasn't hit even 10 million units shipped after 3 years, and the Xbox One sold over 10 million to consumers in 1 year. (No it hasn't.  It launched in November of 2013 and one year later, November 2014, it had not sold through 10 million to consumers and it probably hadn't even shipped as much at that point.)

Zelda does not push hardware. (I'm just gonna stop you right here.  Since all of the information is readily available on this site, you should do some research before making ridiculous statements like that.  Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword 1 million units in 3 days upon release.  Oh, and it over doubled the sales of Wii during that same week.) Star Fox is no where near system seller status. Metroid was tarnished with Other M. (Pure opinion, Metroid is a hardcore title and my own opinion is that this is exactly the kind of game the WiiU needs to draw in an older demographic.) The only system sellers the Wii U ever gets are Mario Kart and Smash, and they already came out.

The Wii U will be down YOY. Nothing they have will sell systems more than Mario Kart and Smash."

Honestly your post could've been better thought out. I'd love to have a legitimate discussion or arguement but the moment you start mocking someone else because you misunderstood what they were saying is the moment you're reallllly gonna start pissing me off. Lets keep this civil

Welfare said:

The Wii U will be down YOY. Nothing they have will sell systems more than Mario Kart and Smash.

Probably... but I still say that, if handled correctly, a $249 WiiU Slim bundled with Mario Maker should not be underestimated.

Around the Network
Welfare said:
aLkaLiNE said:

Not at all. None of those are system sellers in my honest opinion and they certainly can't hold a candle to the well established strong franchises owned by the big N. Anyone who knows about the games you listed would have to be well educated in the gaming world, which also means they'd know that third party games play better elsewhere. If you're buying cross plat third party most want to get that either A) where their friends are or B) where it plays best.  A and B are both on a single platform worldwide.

Wait wait wait. Did you just say Halo, a +10 million seller franchise, is not a system seller, but something that isn't Mario or Smash from Nintendo is?

That's why the Wii U with absolutly crap 3rd party support and a low amount of first party titles still hasn't hit even 10 million units shipped after 3 years, and the Xbox One sold over 10 million to consumers in 1 year.

Zelda does not push hardware. Star Fox is no where near system seller status. Metroid was tarnished with Other M. The only system sellers the Wii U ever gets are Mario Kart and Smash, and they already came out.

The Wii U will be down YOY. Nothing they have will sell systems more than Mario Kart and Smash.

Pretty much this. 

By June 2016? Yeah, it`s def possible, but only time knows the answer now.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:

Time right now doesn't know shit.  Time in future however,  well that's a different matter completely 

Kerotan said:
Cloudman said:

Time right now doesn't know shit.  Time in future however,  well that's a different matter completely 

You get what I mean ; )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Doubt it