By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When did gaming become a charity instead of a business?

I personally am tired of seeing all these topics about supporting devs so they can make their games. (Not talking about INDIES). 

I am a Nintendo fan mostly and i keep seeing topics to support third parties and their exclusives....no i support good games. If a game grabs my attention t has my wallet. Otherwise i move on. 

Stop treating this like everybody is running a damn kickstarter.(Which i have some issues with but i am saving for another topic)

Around the Network
Multishanks said:

I personally am tired of seeing all these topics about supporting devs so they can make their games. (Not talking about INDIES). 

I am a Nintendo fan mostly and i keep seeing topics to support third parties and their exclusives....no i support good games. If a game grabs my attention t has my wallet. Otherwise i move on. 

Stop treating this like everybody is running a damn kickstarter.(Which i have some issues with but i am saving for another topic)

I agree I've seen these sort of topics as well and it's dumb. I don't want to have to buy every third party game that comes to my console just to enoucrage more third party games. To me it's the companies job (sony,nintendo,MS) to convince third party devs to come to their system not mine.

It's like I've said before if Nintendo would have got third party support I would have got the console without a doubt (well I would need comparable graphics to). I love their first party IP's. I don't llove those IP's so much though that I'm willing to give up all third party support.

I think some people are trying to say if you're a fan of the game you should buy it. How many times have we seen people hype games up and never purchase them? I'm guilty of that myself.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

And this is why wii u has no 3rd party support xDDD

Uabit said:

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Uabit said:

The wii U has no third party support because i dont just buy games to support third parties?....

tell me more.😑

I think this is a serious problem in the video game industry, for fans of all console manufacturers. If video game fans continue to act like shareholders instead of customers, game companies will continue to treat us unfairly.

Just a little tidbit about me. I have owned every 6th and seventh gen system. So although i am a hige Nintendo fan and have seen this issue mostly in regards to the Wii U, ut is not exclusive to the Wii U.

Multishanks said:
Uabit said:

The wii U has no third party support because i dont just buy games to support third parties?....

tell me more.😑

More or less. Imagine that with every single close minded Wii U user.

If you want nintendo "gaemz" dont worry you are going to have them (but only them) becuase every other company is going to leave Wii U and its nintendo blind userbase and will make games for the other platforms. 

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Goddbless said:
I think some people are trying to say if you're a fan of the game you should buy it. How many times have we seen people hype games up and never purchase them? I'm guilty of that myself.

I think that SOME people may mean that but the main issue i see is people wanting to "support mid tier devs so they can keep making games" as opposed to just wanting people to play a good game. That to me is weird.

What you said isnt that bad to me as sometimes people may intend to buy a game but life sometimes gets in the way.