By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Quarter results are here! 7.08M 3DS and 3.03M Wii U shipped! Wii U 9.2M total shipped! 5.7 amiibos shipped!$250 million net income! 3DS projections lowered!

The Wall Street Journal weighs in....

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/01/27/nintendo-earnings-what-to-watch-7/

They claim disappointing Amiibo sales. Hmmm maybe they were expecting Skylanders level sales? idk....

Edit: whoops didn't see this was in the OP

Around the Network

I laugh at "disappointing amiibo sales" xD

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Should be a decent sized profit. Nintendo never has lost money during a holiday (Q3) quarter ever. Christmas holidays are always at least decent for Nintendo. Smash and Amiibo did well for them.

mii-gamer said:
show me the money

Tagged =P

Soundwave said:

Should be a decent sized profit. Nintendo never has lost money during a holiday (Q3) quarter ever. Christmas holidays are always at least decent for Nintendo. Smash and Amiibo did well for them.

If you can't make money during the Holidays, you just flat-out cannot make money.

Around the Network

Seeing as they expended little money (no ads, no smash bundle, no price cut), they will post a profit guaranteed!

Soundwave said:

That and GCN Controllers/Adapters. That right there is $$$ too :0

I don't see how they made anything but profit this time!
Amiibos should have helped a lot as well!
Maybe we'll get some more news!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Lets do some quick predictions!!! Everybody here Use this format:

WiiU Shipments:
3DS Shipments:

SSB3DS:
SSBWiiU:
ORAS:
MK8:
Captain Toad:

Amiibos:

WiiU Shipments: 1.9mil
3DS Shipments: 4.8mil