By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Quarter results are here! 7.08M 3DS and 3.03M Wii U shipped! Wii U 9.2M total shipped! 5.7 amiibos shipped!$250 million net income! 3DS projections lowered!

SJReiter said:
Mythmaker1 said:
Ouch.

Hopefully we'll get more specifics later, and maybe the full-year results will surprise, but it's looking pretty rough.

Yeah you're kind of right. The fact that Iwata even has to say things like "Wii U isn't over yet" speaks to how much of a disaster it's been. You think Microsoft or Sony CEOs will be saying things like that two years after their systems have been on the market? No chance.

Yeah i know, Sony just never even mentioned the Vita....

Around the Network
Yakuzaice said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
I'm happy with this - could have been worse.
Sucks that Wii U will probably take 2 months to reach 10m. :(

The Wii U is unlikely to reach 10m in sales or shipped numbers in two months.

The first quarter of 2014 Nintendo shipped 590,000 Wii U's it will at best be flat this year (my money's on down) so yeah 2 quarters till official 10 million shipped.

Clyde32 said:
DM235 said:

This wasn't in the official press release.  Apparently Iwata just mentioned this in a briefing.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-01-28/nintendo-s-outlook-disappoints-and-mario-can-t-save-wii-u

Just another doom and gloom from bloom.

Wow, some people cant help it. Its funny and sad at the same time. Making it wayyyy more dramatic for no reason :-/

kumagawa said:
Yakuzaice said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
I'm happy with this - could have been worse.
Sucks that Wii U will probably take 2 months to reach 10m. :(

The Wii U is unlikely to reach 10m in sales or shipped numbers in two months.

The first quarter of 2014 Nintendo shipped 590,000 Wii U's it will at best be flat this year (my money's on down) so yeah 2 quarters till official 10 million shipped.

No i believe it was 310k last year, i think 590k is Q2 (or FY Q1 Apr-June)

SJReiter said:
Mythmaker1 said:
Ouch.

Hopefully we'll get more specifics later, and maybe the full-year results will surprise, but it's looking pretty rough.

Yeah you're kind of right. The fact that Iwata even has to say things like "Wii U isn't over yet" speaks to how much of a disaster it's been. You think Microsoft or Sony CEOs will be saying things like that two years after their systems have been on the market? No chance.

The big thing for me is Amiibos. I didn't expect them to do much, but a surprising number of people, Nintendo seemingly among them, seemed to believe they'd be a big thing. As it stands, they're basically right where they were last year.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
kumagawa said:

Indeed, in the first 6 months of 2014 it did 810k. That was with Mario kart boost yoy.

10m shipped won't happen until end of September Q. It will be down YOY next 2 quarters.

PwerlvlAmy said:

Splatoon bundle with squid amiibos

Or squid hats: http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=245522

Seece said:
tbone51 said:
kumagawa said:

Indeed, in the first 6 months of 2014 it did 810k. That was with Mario kart boost yoy.

10m shipped won't happen until end of September Q. It will be down YOY next 2 quarters.

Im thinking its going to be up YoY Q1 (what we are currently in), as for Q2 it depends on SW input+potential price cut. but most likely it'll be down that quarter.

Yakuzaice said:

900k on shelves would mean that the vast majority of 3DS supply is in Japan.  708k based on MC numbers, 653k using Famitsu, or 642k using VGC.  That is the week ending the 4th.  If we use the week ending the 28th, there would be nearly 900k on Japanese shelves alone.

um, the vast majority of 3ds sales, throughout its life, have been in japan. for any sales period. so...

Seece said:
jetforcejiminy said:
Seece said:

3DS overtracked like I suggested as well. Has not hit 50m (end of the year)

it's at 49.5m at worst, possibly more if you account for inventory clearing for new 3ds. comparable to ps4 overtracking before sony announced 18.5m.

So you agree, good job. Not sure what PS4 has to do with any of this?

i'll be sure not to in the future... all i was saying is it's not some major overtracking, as some people are suggesting, of over 1m. it will reach 50m first day to week of new 3ds availability.

tbone51 said:
Clyde32 said:

Just another doom and gloom from bloom.

Wow, some people cant help it. Its funny and sad at the same time. Making it wayyyy more dramatic for no reason :-/

Like I say a lot on other places  I post on. Nintendo cant win no matter what they do, they arent allowed to win at anything  or do good,somehow its always spun as they're doomed.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick