By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Resident Evil 5 one of the most accomplished games ever?

Tagged games:

Well, what about it?

It really is. This is a pure gem. 22 18.49%

Well, yeah. This game is great. 11 9.24%

Not really, but game is good. 28 23.53%

No, not really. 12 10.08%

No way, this game was mediocre. 11 9.24%

Ugh no, this game is bad. 6 5.04%

THIS SHIT DESTROYED RESIDENT EVIL!!! 20 16.81%

Everyone knows that The L... 4 3.36%

Show me the results! 5 4.20%

Total:119

yea i just don't like it that much compared to RE4 or RE:revelations, i also don't like the direction the RE series was headed at this point. It's pretty fun as an action game and co-op helps. Mercenaries is fun too. I realize they are trying to get as much sales as possible but going all out mainstream is not what i wanted.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

Its a great game, for all the points already mentioned. My friend and I loved it, spending 200+ hours playing it.

I went in expecting an action fest when I got the Gold edition on Plus and holy cow was I impressed. It even aged amazingly and playing co-op was an absolute BLAST! The bosses were great fun and the controls were great. I would still put RE4 above it though.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

My favorite to this day. Best Co-op game of all time. mercs mode is still a blast

I think something that is overlooked but i believe made RE5 such a huge sucess was the sex-appeal. Hot locations, a half undressed hot local human and a muscly guy showing biceps. We dont usually think about this, but those are things that uncounciously appeal to people.
I think Capcom really failed to understand that with RE6. I dont think controls or beeing action based was the biggest reason for the sales not meeting projections. I think Capcom doesnt quite understand how they get it right.

That last story option on your poll though... shame on you!

Around the Network

people hate it for carrying the RE name. If it was called different, you would see praise everywhere.
Best Co-op game of the 7th gen for me.

Its the best resident evil which has the most fun gameplay, resident evil will never be scarry again imo unless they make it like alien isolation where some hunting boss can kill you with one hit and you have to hide constantly. But that wouldnt be resident evil but something like clocktower or haunting ground.
Just give me another resident evil 5 with tons of hidden treasures and enemy tactics.

Nem said:

That last story option on your poll though... shame on you!

Lowell >> Everything Else.

It was a superb game that enjoyed playing. It had its horror elements, just but as much as its predeccessors

I can never forget how chris punched a boulder.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share