By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Resident Evil 5 one of the most accomplished games ever?

Tagged games:

Well, what about it?

It really is. This is a pure gem. 22 18.49%

Well, yeah. This game is great. 11 9.24%

Not really, but game is good. 28 23.53%

No, not really. 12 10.08%

No way, this game was mediocre. 11 9.24%

Ugh no, this game is bad. 6 5.04%

THIS SHIT DESTROYED RESIDENT EVIL!!! 20 16.81%

Everyone knows that The L... 4 3.36%

Show me the results! 5 4.20%

Total:119

RE5 is the most fun RE title ever. Co-op is a blast. Although what I think failed to do as a RE title is that it was never scary, specially in co-op. It sort of encouraged players to just blast through every level and just have fun.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:

I can't actually remember anything memorable about it... except for the last fight in the volcano.. why was I fighting in a volcano?

Because a black woman crashed your ship into the volcano.

If "accomplished" = racist, then yes. It's very "accomplished".

It was a boring game with it's tank controls.The only thing that made it notable was the Resident Evil name.People would criticize it like they re doing The Order if it had a different name.

It's rubbish as a Resident Evil game. And an average game as anything else.

Around the Network

RE5 is a game is pretty good, but as a RE game, it`s pretty terrible IMO. The game starts off in a bright, big scenery which feels like a big departure from the usual setting of the game, the enemies are strange to the point of not being scary anymore, and the story is kind of dumb and pretty laughable. I enjoyed playing this game with a friend not because of it was a good RE game, but a laughable game. Gotta love "Complete. Global. SATURATION." and Chris punching boulders.

At least it was better than 6. But that`s my 2 cents on the game.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Re5 was a good action game, but Re4 beats it easily in every way. Re4 had much more variety, much more lenght and content, better boss fights, better level design, better atmosphere. The 2-player co-op was a nice add on but globally it didn't compensate for lower general quality.

It's amazing, but it was trying to be Resident Evil when it just wasn't. Why the heck does it still have tank controls?

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

badgenome said:
If "accomplished" = racist, then yes. It's very "accomplished".

Im black and i live in Africa, theres nothing racist about RE5. Stereotypical in some instances but racist, no.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

I earned all Xbox achievements of that game and after that earned the platinum trophy when it was given on psplus. Very nice game but not even half as good as resident evil 1 or resident evil 4.