By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Resident Evil 5 one of the most accomplished games ever?

Tagged games:

Well, what about it?

It really is. This is a pure gem. 22 18.49%

Well, yeah. This game is great. 11 9.24%

Not really, but game is good. 28 23.53%

No, not really. 12 10.08%

No way, this game was mediocre. 11 9.24%

Ugh no, this game is bad. 6 5.04%

THIS SHIT DESTROYED RESIDENT EVIL!!! 20 16.81%

Everyone knows that The L... 4 3.36%

Show me the results! 5 4.20%

Total:119
Wright said:

- Friendly AI can get into the way, at times. Especially at the worst times, where the AI would prefer going to pick some money than saving your dying life.

While it is a rather pessimistic take on intelligence, i would tend to say it's realistic.

OT : I loved the game, it was a great duo experience to me (local coop). I'm not that much into TPS though. 

Around the Network

Resident Evil 5 took everything that was great about Resident Evil 4 and fucked it up. It was by far a piss poor follow up. I'm sorry but I have ro disagree with you there. The game isn't terrible but should of been so much better.

SubiyaCryolite said:

Im black and i live in Africa, theres nothing racist about RE5. Stereotypical in some instances but racist, no.

Easy for you to say. I am a white American who abuses steroids and thanks to this game people are always saying, "Punch any boulders lately, Chris Redneck?"

We don't all do that.

To me what amazed me in Resident Evil 5 is how incredible it looks. The sunny day effects and the environments were just breath taking to me.
As a game, I liked, but it was not what I really wanted out of a RE game.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
To me what amazed me in Resident Evil 5 is how incredible it looks. The sunny day effects and the environments were just breath taking to me.
As a game, I liked, but it was not what I really wanted out of a RE game.

The graphics are not even all that.The character models looked off and the environments are bland.I think people confuse games that try to look realistic with having good graphics.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
HigHurtenflurst said:
There are people that like QTEs?

I haven't played RE5 but will buy it as soon as they take off the GfWL requirement.

GFWL isn't that bad (I like it). But even so what about the console versions?

I only had a Wii.

I have been thinking of buying a PS3 when they get cheap enough though (maybe under £150 for the 500GB slim)... so maybe I'll get it for that instead.

It's also less about GfWL itself and more the sheer stupidity of having to create a new account for something each time I buy a game. For example if they take out GfWL only to replace it with an XBL requirement or if Capcom adds their own system I still wouldn't buy it.

Definitely a good action game, hated the QTE's with a passion, disgusted with the on disk DLC ploy but to me it wasn't anywhere enar a Resident Evil game, I'd prefer Capcom stick to their guns for once in their lives and make a game more egared towards REmake and 0.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I liked res 5 the best also.

Played the hell out of it and loved it. Was competing with former VGC alumni, elgefe02 for who could get the highest gamerscore and he went and got 100%! How could he!?

One of the best co-op games I have ever played. Mercenaries on co-op is so much better than mercinaries on 6. The biggest problem is it is the least scary of the Resident evils I have played. Of course, no one ever gets their balls scared off from co-op games.

It is too bad 6 is such a disaster game.