By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Vita+3DS break 100 million?

Will Vita+3DS break 100m?

Yes, It will 28 36.84%

Nope, i don't think. 48 63.16%

Total:76

I don't think so. I can see 3DS legging it out to 70-80m depending on support, but I can't see the Vita even getting 15m, so I don't think it's likely.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

Going to be tough. The poor Vita won't get too much more, unless it somehow takes off.
If new 3DS really kicks off in NA it could bring it to the 80-85M max but even then it would still be short of 100.

Maybe, but i wouldn't bet on it. I can't see the 3DS breaking 80m (not if Nintendo release another handheld in the next few years), and the Vita won't be able to fill the gap to 100m.

Doesn't seem likely.

Probably not considering how much weight the 3ds has to carry

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Teeqoz said:

I'm gonna say a big fat NO.

The 3DS is losing steam in Japan, which account for an astoundingly large part of its sales, US is losing Steam, but they haven't gotten the N3DS yet though, but I still think it'll be down this year. We'll know much better when we get the feb NPD report though. I'm also not sure what to think of the 3DS's numbers, as they've always been astoundingly close to the shipped number. We'll get Ninty's financial report soon, so we'll know for sure.

The Vita won't cross 15 million, despite the fact that it is slightly 

3DS is UP yoy in Japan... It will sell Less than Last year but Not by much.

In The USA will be up imo, and in Europe will have Big increase.

So imo, 3DS will sell more this year.

3DS is DOWN YoY in Japan using Media Create, which is what I use. So far, it's down 56k, or if you count the week of 5th jan to 11th jan as the first week, then it's only down 9k so far, but it's still down regardless.

BraLoD said:
Pfff, Vita alone will break it

Yep. After all, it has been outselling the PS2 for a while.  

Not even close. I say 3DS has at most a year and a half before getting replaced by Nintendo's next handheld. From there sales will drop like a rock.

Not like they're very good right now either though. Down form 14m in 2013 to 9m in 2014. So let's say the 3DS somehow manages to sell exactly the same amount of consoles in the next 3 years as it did in 2014, that would be 27 Million. 27m + 50m = 77m

As for Vita, it sold 2.1m in 2014, assuming it matches that for the next 3 years, that would be 6m. So add that to the current install base of 9.5m and you get 15.5m.

77m + 15.5m = 92.5 Million. Even with unrealistic expectations of sales being flat and staying that way for the next 3 years, it still can't reach 100m. The real sales figure will be much much lower than 92.5m.

3DS should sell almost 10M this year, add 15M for years after.
Vita can reach 15M
so i dont think so.

3DS+wii U is harder to speculate.

I doubt it. The 3DS will have to start selling a ton for them to reach 100 mil, and it's been on the decline. They'd have to release some killer games to make them fly off the shelves.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread