By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil Revelations 2 will feature microtransactions for continues

Capcom is trying to bring that "real" arcade feel to their games by allowing you to pay to continue. Hopefully this feature finds it's way to other games, namely Street Fighter V. (sarcasm)

Around the Network

You got to be kidding me, Capcom.

And I thought Pokemon Shuffle having microtansactions was stupid.

And fuck that game. I hate that nickle and diming crap. 

Lulz! Fuck Off Capcom even though I m not surprised by this at all

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
SjOne said:
Just when Capcom was on a roll with Resident Evil Remaster they pull this.

I know! They put out one good game in a row, and then they go and fuck it all up!

Wait what, I must be be reading this wrong you have to pay real money for a checkpoint?

I supposed it's not quite the same as having to buy typewriter ribbons to save at all, but I find it really hard to believe this was the best idea Capcom could come up with for microtransactions.

And I probably shouldn't say that because for all we know, there's a whole list of things that can be bought via microtransactions.

Nobody has to buy them assuming the game has the same system as Revelations. The line is more or less when a game becomes unplayable or handicapped without buying them, not that I'm terribly fond of the idea of being able to buy handicaps or cheats on the other end of that spectrum.

The answer here is pretty obvious.

Pirate the PC version and spend the money you were going to spend buying the game on micro transactions.

It says you can earn the item in game but what's the bet they'll either be very scarce or very tedious to obtain.