By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Ignore or block users on VGChartz?

Block users on VGChartz ?

Yes, give me that killer feature. 41 57.75%

No, wtf needs it. 16 22.54%

Yes, no, maybe I don't k... 7 9.86%

I don't want to live on this planet anymore. 7 9.86%

Total:71
Conegamer said:
There is no such feature. A user called Gnac has created a script which does something similar for the site, however there isn't an official option.

It's highly unlikely there will be either.

False! Words of Wisdom created the ignore user script.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Just scroll past their posts. Most users have a unique avatar. Should be easy to spot them and ignore them.

wyluzuj said:

Is it possible to block some users on VGchartz?

Like instead of adding them to a buddy list just add them to an ignore/block list. So all their comments, topics aso. will be hidden (suppressed) of course only for the the person who activates the block. A kind SPAM filter.

For all others the comments should be still visible.

It there such a functionality on VGChartz and where can I find it?

What the heck man? Why couldn't you just talk the issue out with me like a man?!?!?!?

VitroBahllee said:
wyluzuj said:

Is it possible to block some users on VGchartz?

Like instead of adding them to a buddy list just add them to an ignore/block list. So all their comments, topics aso. will be hidden (suppressed) of course only for the the person who activates the block. A kind SPAM filter.

For all others the comments should be still visible.

It there such a functionality on VGChartz and where can I find it?

What the heck man? Why couldn't you just talk the issue out with me like a man?!?!?!?

Your sig is intimidating

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I wish I could block some of these MS ads.

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:

Why do people want to block other people? Now that's an answer I would like to now.

It's not like it makes a difference. Just make your profile viewable to only friends and stay away from threads posted by said user.

Except sometimes a pefectly innocent thread gets hijacked by some irritating fanboy or troll and you've got no way of seeing it coming.

I'm honestly surprised blocking isn't an option already. I'd probably have blocked a couple of dozen users already.

Chazore said:
The_Yoda said:

Where does it stop? I find any word beging with letter T to be offensive (as a child letter person T fell on my head durring kindergarden and I've been messed up ever since) as a result I should not learn about how I should deal with it and all should accomodate ME by not using any words in your post beging with letter T. Where do you stop? All kinds of minds on our planet ...

It stops when the grow thicker skin camp stops, otherwise you're just asking everyone else to adhere to them.

Do we all exist to adhere to them?, is growing the skin the only option we have these days?.

So that leaves us with what? Accomidate every individual?  Pander to their preference? The end result will be an inability to communicate with eachother.

IFireflyl said:
Mr.Playstation said:

Why do people want to block other people? Now that's an answer I would like to now.

It's not like it makes a difference. Just make your profile viewable to only friends and stay away from threads posted by said user.

The problem is that this is a forum, and any user can go into any thread. I am [relatively] new here, and there are two people I already know I would block/ignore because they're insulting, and it seems they post whatever rude thing that comes to mind. I have reported said people multiple times, but nothing seems to be done. It would be better (for me) to have this feature so that these people can be blocked. Even the GameFAQs forum has this feature.

I had the same problem when I joined, best thing is just ignore the members that irritate you.

I never ignore or block anyone on any Internet forum that I use. Why? Because people should be able to say what they want and it also makes for good discussion/debate. Heck, even if someone is being rude, racist, trolling, etc. I don't think they should be banned or moderated. Everyone has a right to be an a-hole and everyone else has the right be able to spot the a-hole in the crowd.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

FentonCrackshell said:
I never ignore or block anyone on any Internet forum that I use. Why? Because people should be able to say what they want and it also makes for good discussion/debate. Heck, even if someone is being rude, racist, trolling, etc. I don't think they should be banned or moderated. Everyone has a right to be an a-hole and everyone else has the right be able to spot the a-hole in the crowd.

Revrend - speak the truth.