By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Ignore or block users on VGChartz?

Block users on VGChartz ?

Yes, give me that killer feature. 41 57.75%

No, wtf needs it. 16 22.54%

Yes, no, maybe I don't k... 7 9.86%

I don't want to live on this planet anymore. 7 9.86%

Total:71

That. Would. Be. AMAZING.

It would make me come here a lot more and actually get into more conversations, that's for sure.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Around the Network

No, I'd rather read everything, because that's where all the funnies are at. It's always entertaining seeing what all the other users are going to say to trolls/spammers/witty pricks. It's that reaction that most of us live for on here. Who can out troll a troll or who can out wit a wit? If you block that person that is being replied to by our fun loving community, you won't know what the original post was and miss out on a few laughs.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
IFireflyl said:
Hedra42 said:
IFireflyl said:

I don't think that anyone is taking offense to your post. You post does seem awfully closed-minded. Not everyone has a brain that works exactly like yours. Not everyone has emotions that work exactly like yours. Your suggestion is fine, but other people have other suggestions, and they are no less valid than your own.

The likelihood is, that the stuff you're finding annoying or offensive but marginally within the rules, is being posted to get a reaction. By not giving a reaction, you're not giving these people what they want.

Sometimes, the best response is no response - because sometimes not getting a response can be just as aggravating to someone as their post is to you. It's not about how your brain works, it's learning and knowing how to deal with people.

And what better way to not even be tempted to respond than to not even see the post of someone who constantly posts things that offend/upset/anger you?

I can't deny that it would be nice to hit an ignore button on someone's profile, and I may sound hypocritical when I say that I've used that function to block someone from sending me private messages on another site.

But if it's already been said that it isn't going to happen on this site, then the next best thing to do if the moderators don't uphold your protest about somebody, is to just not give them the satisfaction by taking the bait.

Ka-pi96 said:
wyluzuj said:

This sums it up perfectly !

I like VGchartz and I read more posts than I write, but there are some users which spread a lot of SPAM (imo) almost daily.

Would be nice to have a function to ignore them in general before entering each single OT.

(You don't see the author of a new topic on the front page only the title)

Well, you can usually guess who the author is from the title...

Or you can view it from the hot topics section.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Hedra42 said:
IFireflyl said:

And what better way to not even be tempted to respond than to not even see the post of someone who constantly posts things that offend/upset/anger you?

I can't deny that it would be nice to hit an ignore button on someone's profile, and I may sound hypocritical when I say that I've used that function to block someone from sending me private messages on another site.

But if it's already been said that it isn't going to happen on this site, then the next best thing to do if the moderators don't uphold your protest about somebody, is to just not give them the satisfaction by taking the bait.

I fully agree with this. My point wasn't that people shouldn't try to ignore a baiter. My point was that, if it were an option, it would be better for some to have an ignore button. Some people don't like the stress or whatever of coming across a post that is meant to bait them.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
IFireflyl said:
Burning Typhoon said:

You're absolutely right.  Just thinking back to the "everyone wins" mentality also messes people up when they get older.  They have trouble excepting losses, or putting fourth their all.  Put on top of that, blocking people they don't like, makes for some tissue-soft skin.  Anyone taking offense to this specific post I'm writing now, is the perfect example.  But, just go about your day, it's your first step to bettering yourself.

I don't think that anyone is taking offense to your post. You post does seem awfully closed-minded. Not everyone has a brain that works exactly like yours. Not everyone has emotions that work exactly like yours. Your suggestion is fine, but other people have other suggestions, and they are no less valid than your own.

Pretty much this, the whole "grow thicker skin" jargon doesn't apply to everyone and nor should it, if it were then Scotsmen would own everyone in the world who can't "man up" and log toss with a single arm because that's where grow thicker skin goes towards.

I also expected the blatant use of "I'm trying my best to offend you and that's fine but just ignore me which proves my point", which is to go along the very so thin line of baiting others and dodging any form of criticism and the thought of perfect logic (protip: it's not).

See the problem with the "grow thicker skin" camp is that they see their side as the logically perfect and undienbly right side that also happens to not look into any other side but their own and anyone who isn't on their side needs to grow a pair, that's probably the worst aspect of that camp and it still perpetuates to this day even though they are quite illogical while also not understanding how the human mind let alone the rest of humanity works, it's better for them to care about a very small few that think just like they do than to open their mind to others, which in turn is very close and simple minded if not ignorant at best.

Where does it stop? I find any word beging with letter T to be offensive (as a child letter person T fell on my head durring kindergarden and I've been messed up ever since) as a result I should not learn about how I should deal with it and all should accomodate ME by not using any words in your post beging with letter T. Where do you stop? All kinds of minds on our planet ...

The_Yoda said:

Where does it stop? I find any word beging with letter T to be offensive (as a child letter person T fell on my head durring kindergarden and I've been messed up ever since) as a result I should not learn about how I should deal with it and all should accomodate ME by not using any words in your post beging with letter T. Where do you stop? All kinds of minds on our planet ...

It stops when the grow thicker skin camp stops, otherwise you're just asking everyone else to adhere to them.

Do we all exist to adhere to them?, is growing the skin the only option we have these days?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

wyluzuj said:
IFireflyl said:
Mr.Playstation said:

Why do people want to block other people? Now that's an answer I would like to now.

It's not like it makes a difference. Just make your profile viewable to only friends and stay away from threads posted by said user.

The problem is that this is a forum, and any user can go into any thread. I am [relatively] new here, and there are two people I already know I would block/ignore because they're insulting, and it seems they post whatever rude thing that comes to mind. I have reported said people multiple times, but nothing seems to be done. It would be better (for me) to have this feature so that these people can be blocked. Even the GameFAQs forum has this feature.

This sums it up perfectly !

I like VGchartz and I read more posts than I write, but there are some users which spread a lot of SPAM (imo) almost daily.

Would be nice to have a function to ignore them in general before entering each single OT.

(You don't see the author of a new topic on the front page only the title)

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Chazore said:
The_Yoda said:

It stops when the grow thicker skin camp stops, otherwise you're just asking everyone else to adhere to them.

Do we all exist to adhere to them?, is growing the skin the only option we have these days?.

Who is this 'thicker skin camp'? Where is the evidence that we must all adhere to them?

It doesn't take a thick skin to ignore someone who's being an annoying idiot. As soon as they step over the line, you use the report button.

RCTjunkie said:
I guess it prepares you for real life when you have to deal with people you don't like. Thay skill is highly undervalued as it shows lots of self control and strong listening skills.

[Response has been auto ignored by order of _RCTjunkie]

[Initializing auto replacment image=I am Groot]