By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - High Definition Pokken Tournament Screenshots. Holy cow...

spemanig said:
mii-gamer said:
Wait! Are we already speculating that it will be downgraded on Wii U or it won't come to the Wii U. The game looks good, but it appears to be running on Wii U like hardware.

IMHO Soul Calibur 5 is a better looking game.

Show me one Wii U game that looks that detailed at 60fps. Soul Calubur 5 definitely doesn't look better. Not graphically, at least. The difference is night and... Well, dawn. Diminishing returns and all that.

Around the Network
vivster said:

You're clearly overestimating the graphical assets that are used. This game will be less graphically demanding than MK8 and maybe abit more than SSB. So if they do it right they could probably even squeeze some AA in there like it's on the screenshots

I'm sorry, but there's absolutely no way I'm believing that. Less graphically demanding than MK8? Everything in this game looks 100x better than anything in MK8.

spemanig said:
mii-gamer said:
Wait! Are we already speculating that it will be downgraded on Wii U or it won't come to the Wii U. The game looks good, but it appears to be running on Wii U like hardware.

IMHO Soul Calibur 5 is a better looking game.

Show me one Wii U game that looks that detailed at 60fps. Soul Calubur 5 definitely doesn't look better. Not graphically, at least. The difference is night and... Well, dawn. Diminishing returns and all that.

Look at the amount of detail on lizardman compared to all the pokemon shown for pokken fighter. The difference is night and day? Huh 

mii-gamer said:

Look at the amount of detail on lizardman compared to all the pokemon shown for pokken fighter. The difference is night and day? Huh 

...Yes. The model and textures aren't even comparable.

Samus Aran said:

Lol, alright Samus. You've clearly bested me.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
mii-gamer said:

Models actually look better on Soul Calibur V.

But then again, bringing Pokémon to HD for the first time is no easy task design wise.

Chrom Town stage really doesn't look that good tbh. Phos Volcano is epic though. I'm sure they can improve graphics even further before it hits the arcades.

spemanig said:
mii-gamer said:

yeah your right. Lizardman has pikachu beat

mii-gamer said:

Lol, even Pikachu looks better graphically. 

mii-gamer said:

I will say, though, that I'll be thrilled if it looks as good as SC5 on the Wii U. That's much better than what I think will happen and the downgrade wouldn't be nearly as noticable.

spemanig said:
mii-gamer said:

Lol, even Pikachu looks better graphically. 

Pikachu doesn't have nearly as much detail, nor does he need that much detail for the record.

The game has small arenas, so these graphics should be possible unless it's a lazy port.