By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - High Definition Pokken Tournament Screenshots. Holy cow...

Essentially the graphics I wanted Smash Bros to have :(

This game is looking sweet, with those great visuals I really wish they would find a more subtle way to incorporate the level boundaries. Anyways I'm excited for this game, hopefully it can turn into a franchise ^_^

Around the Network
Cloudman said:

This is ugly? It may not be as crystal as the new pics, but this looks plenty fine. How high are some people's standards...?

Very lol. I don't think this looks good at all. 

spemanig said:

Let's just be honest with ourselves right now, and save later disappointment. One of two things are going to happen.

1. This game will be harshly downgraded graphically on the Wii U.
2. This is not coming to the Wii U, but to Nintendo's next home console way later than we hope.

Pikachu's fur has gradience guys. At 60fps. There's going to be disappointment somewhere. Let's all just get the disappointment over with now.

But God damn, do these look good. Open them in another tab to appreciate them in their full glory. Never thought I'd say that a Pokemon game was graphically impressive.

I've seen better looking games on the Wii U, so I don't see why this wouldn't be possible. Anyway, looks really good.

teigaga said:
Essentially the graphics I wanted Smash Bros to have :(

This game is looking sweet, with those great visuals I really wish they would find a more subtle way to incorporate the level boundaries. Anyways I'm excited for this game, hopefully it can turn into a franchise ^_^

Eh... I don't ever want Smash to have realistic graphics like this. I like the art style of Smash way better than Pokken. (Though it's growing on me with these screen shots)

Smash is supposed to look like toys brought to life.

spemanig said:

Let's just be honest with ourselves right now, and save later disappointment. One of two things are going to happen.

1. This game will be harshly downgraded graphically on the Wii U.
2. This is not coming to the Wii U, but to Nintendo's next home console way later than we hope.

Pikachu's fur has gradience guys. At 60fps. There's going to be disappointment somewhere. Let's all just get the disappointment over with now.

But God damn, do these look good. Open them in another tab to appreciate them in their full glory. Never thought I'd say that a Pokemon game was graphically impressive.

Why would it need to be downgraded from this?

It's 720p and has absolute minimal environments. Even I would be surprised if Wii U can't handle this game at locked 60fps.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

I've seen better looking games on the Wii U, so I don't see why this wouldn't be possible. Anyway, looks really good.

Lmao, you've got to be joking. No you absolutely have not. There's nothing even close to this on the Wii U. It looks better than a lot of PS4/XBO games graphically.

I don't care what the game might look like, I just need it to come to the Wii U.

spemanig said:
Samus Aran said:

Lmao, you've got to be joking. No you absolutely have not. There's nothing even close to this on the Wii U. It looks better than a lot of PS4/XBO games graphically.

Lol, it's a fighter game with small arenas...

Just look at the big difference in the grass (my pic isn't the best quality).

Look at how sweet the lava looks here.

vivster said:

Why would it need to be downgraded from this?

It's 720p and has absolute minimal environments. Even I would be surprised if Wii U can't handle this game at locked 60fps.

...We are clearly not looking at the same images.

Samus Aran said:

Lol, it's a fighter game with small arenas...

Just look at the big difference in the grass (my pic isn't the best quality).

I'm not talking about art style, dude. I'm talking about raw graphics. Cel-shaded grass is not an example. Zelda U is not even slightly a graphically impressive game.