By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - High Definition Pokken Tournament Screenshots. Holy cow...

Wait! Are we already speculating that it will be downgraded on Wii U or it won't come to the Wii U. The game looks good, but it appears to be running on Wii U like hardware.

IMHO Soul Calibur 5 is a better looking game.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Samus Aran said:

Lol, it's a fighter game with small arenas...

Just look at the big difference in the grass (my pic isn't the best quality).

I'm not talking about art style, dude. I'm talking about raw graphics. Cel-shaded grass is not an example. Zelda U is not even slightly a graphically impressive game.

Zelda's grass takes a lot more raw power than just colouring a flat ground texture green. Plus it's open world. The mountain textures look a lot better in Pokken Tournament though.

spemanig said:
Cloudman said:

This is ugly? It may not be as crystal as the new pics, but this looks plenty fine. How high are some people's standards...?

Very lol. I don't think this looks good at all. 

So you don't find this acceptable either? What's wrong with it?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

spemanig said:
vivster said:

Why would it need to be downgraded from this?

It's 720p and has absolute minimal environments. Even I would be surprised if Wii U can't handle this game at locked 60fps.

...We are clearly not looking at the same images.

You're clearly overestimating the graphical assets that are used. This game will be less graphically demanding than MK8 and maybe abit more than SSB. So if they do it right they could probably even squeeze some AA in there like it's on the screenshots

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Cloudman said:
spemanig said:
Cloudman said:

Either way, if it means it will come to a console, I'll be fine with that, unless the downgrade is utterly terrible.

This is what I expect from the Wii U version. Basically, what many of us called ugly before.

This is ugly? It may not be as crystal as the new pics, but this looks plenty fine. How high are some people's standards...?

Most of us are an entire generation ahead of those people that only owned a Wii for the past 8 years :^)

Around the Network
mii-gamer said:
Wait! Are we already speculating that it will be downgraded on Wii U or it won't come to the Wii U. The game looks good, but it appears to be running on Wii U like hardware.

IMHO Soul Calibur 5 is a better looking game.

Show me one Wii U game that looks that detailed at 60fps. Soul Calubur 5 definitely doesn't look better. Not graphically, at least. The difference is night and... Well, dawn. Diminishing returns and all that.

The Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games also look impressive on PS3.

spemanig said:

Let's just be honest with ourselves right now, and save later disappointment. One of two things are going to happen.

1. This game will be harshly downgraded graphically on the Wii U.
2. This is not coming to the Wii U, but to Nintendo's next home console way later than we hope.

Pikachu's fur has gradience guys. At 60fps. There's going to be disappointment somewhere. Let's all just get the disappointment over with now.

But God damn, do these look good. Open them in another tab to appreciate them in their full glory. Never thought I'd say that a Pokemon game was graphically impressive.

1. ohh REALY? there was just one console ever that could run arcade ports without downgrades, and it was realy realy expensive. one game costed more than the competing consoles... 2. you sure? why should they port the gae in 2 years or more?

Panama said:
Cloudman said:

Most of us are an entire generation ahead of those people that only owned a Wii for the past 8 years :^)

When I see what is being made on the PS4, I can understand that. Me, I've never been that crazy about graphics. As long as the game looks good and I can see things well enough, I'm okay with that.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

with the shown image quality these look impressive, but I'm pretty sure these are "bullshots" with lots of additional anti-aliasing to make them look this sharp